On The Beat - Episode 307 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up September 18th, 2015

tgjameela

Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:07 pm

Hey Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 18th-2015/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Well, we are almost back to our regular programming with a few new lessons and some Q&A on the Forum. Today's News started with a little
Rev. Gary Davis and included a mini tutorial on some basic slide techniques, along with the rundown of new stuff and promises of things to
come soon (unless of course they don't because something else materializes). See what I mean? ... Back to business as usual.

This week we got a bit of a start on Dan Fogelberg's Nexus, a quick fingerpicking tune with some cool instrumental sections, a full lesson on
Ruby's Eyes by Tommy Emmanuel, a lesson from Vanessa on one of my favorite Sting tunes, Russians, and started a series that I will get back
on soon with Marc coming in for a FOTW from Texas while he was here for IGC. The first part went into constant bass a la Big Bill Broonzy.

Till next week...

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

michelew

Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Neil thanks so much for the mini slide lesson. I'll definitely be on the look out for the course.

One other lesson in the library is Owen Campbell's Sunshine Road, which Dermot alerted me to. I missed it when it came out almost two years ago. The song is really cool and the mini lesson is a nice intro. It's part 1, I'm guessing he won't be doing another part at this stage.

Well one of the challenges I'm facing at the moment is trying to find a slide that actually fits my thin fingers. Playing with the mediums works but ... It's more awkward of course.

Thanks again. I hope you get inspired slide-wise rather than side-tracked onto another cool project. Though of course I may not care depending on what that is. :)

Michele

daryl

Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:30 am

Did the Badfinger "Day After Day" lesson teach the slide part? Since I can't see the lessons, I can't check it out.

willem

Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:41 am

daryl wrote:
Did the Badfinger "Day After Day" lesson teach the slide part? Since I can't see the lessons, I can't check it out.
Yeah, it does,, the reall bottleneck slide

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic