On The Beat - Episode 312 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up October 23rd, 2015

tgjameela

Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Hey Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 23rd-2015/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Improv was the theme today, along with a stab at a piece that may turn into a lesson but I clearly need to get a better idea of how it goes.
The News started with a little ragtime improv and ended with a Dropped D Ditty. In between there was mention of the new releases, as well
as new weekly series we have started called Tips Of The Week. Be sure to check for emails from us that steer you to them.

This week we finally got around to a song made popular by Garth Brooks, Friends In Low Places. Although, now that I think about it, we
seem to have quite a shortage of country songs. I might have to remedy that over the next few weeks. Maybe some suggestions from the
TG Community?

We also continued a couple series, Sandy’s excursion with Fire And Rain by James Taylor, and the solo version of In My Life. We are now
almost up to the famous harpsichord-like solo and there will be a couple different approaches to that.

This week’s mystery song may not be much of a mystery, except for the fact that I may have butchered it beyond recognition.
Sorry Tommy but I will go listen to it a little more closely.

Till next week, stay tuned & in touch,

Neil

michelew

Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:31 pm

Thanks Neil.

The tip of the week is a great idea.

I was just thinking that we haven't had a competition for a while; something to showcase the community's playing and creativity. I'm sure there are any number of us who would love to be walking around promoting TG in one of those nice TG t-shirts.

A crazy idea maybe. But it could be a lot of fun. If you're interested, you could always call for ideas. You might even offer different categories, like a prize especially for the group who have never posted a video before and similar categories to level the playing field.

Maybe you could also do a hard 'name those songs 'medley challenges (which I suck at, I often can't find the title in my brain, if I recognise them at all).

Cheers!

M

Edit - though of course, a better time to do this sort of thing might be when you kick off the new website; a celebration and a way to get more visible forum participation and community engagement and interaction generally.

familyman4

Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:43 pm

Hello Neil, Vanessa and everyone else that runs the TG site.

Just a quick note to let you know that I am missing seeing Vanessa every Friday with a new lesson. Actually, it appears that she is down to 1 lesson every other week or so? Maybe part of next week's news can elaborate changes in this structure if you don't mind????

*** Anyway, I do not want to appear to be complaining at all, just letting you know that I miss her lessons and hearing her play on a more regular basis :)

There is so much on the site that I enjoy whenever I have the opportunity to log in that it is unbelievable. I am certainly guilty of not posting or commenting as often as a lot of folks but I do enjoy the forum and getting to see what other folks are up to, which obviously includes all of the lessons from both Neil and Ness.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a great weekend and thanks again for the hard work that goes into producing all the lessons and the "behind the scenes" activities that make TG what we can all enjoy!

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic