On The Beat - Episode 315 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 13th, 2015

tgjameela

Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:27 pm

Hey Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 13th-2015/\

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

This week’s News seemed to address a bunch of cool things on the Forum lately. I was particularly drawn to Victor’s report on the Fretboard Summit and
Michele’s always interesting musings. I started with a little jazzy tune that one of my students is working on. It might be recognizable, in spite of the fact
that I totally butchered it.

Along with the usual rundown of new stuff, slightly limited due to alternate TG projects, I also got into some questions on the Forum. There was a little
demonstration of lead thoughts with Tequila Sunrise, tips for Jay on Waltzing Mathilda, a little explanation of the IGC Saturday teacher’s concert videos
that we just got back from the producers, and some thoughts on my promise to get to a lesson on While My Guitar Gently Weeps. This hopefully helps
explain some of the obstacles I run in to with certain lesson plans.

In case you missed it, the new stuff this week included Vanessa’s lesson on Photograph by Ed Sheeran. This was very detailed as she went to the trouble
to show a couple different approaches he uses, including a DADGAD arrangement.

We also had another peek inside a lesson with my young protege Chris. Chris can read music but he also learns very quickly by watching and listening so
I don’t know that we will get to writing any of this down but we were working on Blood Brother by Tommy Emmanuel in this FOTW.

I hope everybody takes the time to check out the IGC videos. That Saturday night was really special and we certainly hope to recreate all the magic next year.
Everything should be in place to open registration for both 2016 camps in just a few days.

Until next week-

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

willem

Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:46 am

Neil, thanks for goin in on some lead playing, i think it all as to do with playing with the triads on the top 3 (4) strings and notes out pattern boxes etc. I have a lot of trouble with goin from one to the other (combining), how do we do that (mayby I can come up with one and that would be a "slide" but thats all).

Willem

PS, peace to the world.

thereshopeyet

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:09 am

Neil

What a great weekly news.
Lots of lead on your finger tips ! My Guitar Gently Weeps, Tequila Sunrise.
Waltzing Matilda, swing Time review too.

Have a great weekend

Dermot

thereshopeyet

Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:17 am

Willem Wrote:
PS, Peace to the world.

jayswett

Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:09 pm

Thanks for the tips. Will work on those concepts. I did manage to make some progress over the weekend.

jayswett

Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:41 am

The various While My Guitar Gently Weeps play thru's are enticing. No question about it. Looking forward to the next installments.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic