On The Beat - Episode 318 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up December 11th, 2015

dennisg

Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:30 pm

Hey Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 11th-2015/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

It has been a rough week around here, as evidenced by the slight slowdown in new lessons. It was not a random occurrence, we had a little
Christmas Tree accident that is detailed a bit more in today's News. Thankfully Vanessa stepped up with a cool lesson on a couple songs from
Jesus Christ Superstar. Next week we are likely to bring in another guest instructor, who many of you are already familiar with. (The grammar
policeman in me still can't quite convince me to write, "with whom many of you are already familiar").

There were a couple ear training mysteries included with a minimal amount of playing, and I addressed a few things the recently popped up on
the Forum. We did start a new series that will be ongoing called "Inside The Mind", which can go in many directions, especially if the TG Community
brings up suggestions. The first set we have is from a bonus DVD that was bundled with our Strumming Package, The Compleat Rhythm Guitarist.
This weeks' entry had a few tips on finding and maximizing practice time.

I hope everybody is well into resurrecting Christmas songs. I had been thinking of adding another fingerpicking one to the library, before the tetanus
shot, but might still be able to squeeze one in just before Christmas. Any suggestions or requests?

In any case, next week is bound to be better than this one was, at least at TG Central.

Keep on picking & grinnin'

Neil

daryl

Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:14 pm

Given your current fretting hand condition, here's a challenge for YOU.....come up with a melody and chord progression that doesn't use the 1st finger. For example, something with a Cmaj7, an Em, a G, an A7, and some other fancy chords.

thereshopeyet

Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:54 pm

Neil

Great Weekly News considering your finger misfortune.
Glad to hear your on the mend.

I think your standby and understudy fingers aren't impressed !

:ohmy:

Click Image To Enlarge:

:laugh: :laugh:

sbutler

Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Stitches in fingers eh? Welcome to my world.

Glad it wasn't worse. Have a great weekend.
Scott

TGNesh

Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:03 am

What's up with those camera's?? Mine broke down too :S :angry: ....thankfully got it, mysteriously though, working again.... :dry:

Hope your injury will heal soon, what a pain... :(

sbutler

Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:36 am

Neil, Sort of in line with your "additional tab request" , I had to quit working on "Quicksand" when I tried to slice the inside of my fretting index finger off, and just recently started after it again, and was instantly reminded that there is no slow mo play through for this song. You did a complete split screen at the end, but there is no way someone just starting to work on this song could use is as practice.

Any chance of getting a real slow mo?????
Scott

auntlynnie

Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:17 am

Name that band: Orleans?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic