On The Beat - Episode 321 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 8th, 2016

wrsomers

Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:09 pm

Hey Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -8th-2016/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

So it's a New Year and my plan to shorten and focus the News started off with the best of intents and went off
track almost immediately. Oh well, some things are never meant to change. Due to the "Christmas Tree Incident",
I promised my doctor that I would keep my finger away from the potential dangers of touching the guitar. Went
immediately off that track as well.

I hope everybody has had a chance to check out the album from out TG superstars, the Time Zone Zombies.
I have to congratulate Michele and David on following through on something that most musicians only dream of.
We are looking into booking and the band may be in your town sometime in 2016!

Today's News included the rundown of new stuff, as limited as that was, comments on Steve Vai, metronome
suggestions, and random playing of melodies from Erik Satie, George Harrison, Steve Katz, to name a few.

The new stuff this included Heartbeats by José González, a Fly On The Wall with Fred figuring out My Back
Pages (and subjecting himself to a boatload of theory), and Student Reviews on The Fisherman and Ladye
Nothynge's Toye Puffe
, along with a little tab to get us up to date with the While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Solo Project
. I hope to get back on that soon, by the way.

There was also some news on upcoming lessons from Max Rich, and an IGC plan we have to spread out
the payments, which we should have live early next week.

Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the revamped format and shenanigans in the News.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

sbutler

Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:20 pm

Your finger pain med's must have been kicking in :laugh:

And it was Rubys Eyes, but that's ok, you've had a busy month.

Scott

crieniecat

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:51 am

As you know by now Neil, Erik Satie is one of my favorite composers of all times.
Especially his pieces Gnossienne No.1 , No.2 and No.3
The arrangement of notes used here makes it easy for the mind to drift off and wander.

"Balm for the soul" ;)

Thank you for reminding me of them.
Corina :kiss:

michelew

Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:11 am

Neil,

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments.

Personally, I know that you, Vanessa and the TG community has either guided me and/or inspired me to develop the vast majority of skills I used for my contributions to our TZZ album project. I'm pretty confident that I wouldn't have been writing song if I hadn't joined TG.

One way or another, you've created a field for creativity. So thanks for that.

I hope your finger is on the mend real soon. Ouch!

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic