Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:35 am

BRAVO! Wiley
Great all around,I enjoyed watching.
Thank you for sharing
Kevin

dekotaj

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:37 am

wiley wrote:
Hopefully this works. I know I have made several promises down through the years so........

This is dedicated to Dan, AKA "Wrench" - story is, at the first IGC (2013) Dan, Jason , Bear, Lynn and who knows who else were sitting in the general area admiring Jason's 3 inch folders of sheet music, just talking and such. Somehow out of somewhere the first parts of this hit me. Over the last several years I've worked it to this. IGC 2014, I opened the 'amateur' part of the first night's open mics with a fingerstyle version. Since I have no fingernails to speak of at this time, the pick took over. The crazy thing is, every time I pick this up and play I always see Dan sitting there. So - I call it "The Wrench".

And yes, that's the Avain Skylark. The fan fret isn't really noticeable from this angle.

Recorded using nothing more than an iPad Air and a Blue Spark lightning digital microphone, and using iMovie to edit.

crieniecat

Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:59 am

Hey Wiley

So good to see an upload from you.
You play that very well, and what a nice tune it is.

Take care my friend and keep em coming! :kiss:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:36 pm

Very nice Wiley and love that guitar! I think this is the first post I have seen from you, hope it won't be the last! Very happy to see you name this after our good friend Dan The Wrench! Which reminds me, I did hear a certain Wrench mention there was something in the pipeline a while back......?

Rbinding

Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:43 pm

Very nice Wiley! Beautiful guitar and a great original song! And you look well! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Ron

MarkM

Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Two big thumbs up for The Wrench Wiley!!! Very well done. I like your choice of the chord voicings in your progression. Well thought out and very pleasant sounding. Thanks for sharing.

Mark

BobR

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Hi Wiley,

I enjoyed that very much. The Wrench is sounding really nice. Sweet looking axe too :)

Bob

wrench

Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:04 pm

Well, I did not see that coming. I am both honored and humbled.

Wiley, what a marvelous job and what a nice piece. The Avian certainly does it proud, and with a flatpick, no less. I'm looking forward to hearing more from it - and about it.

Dan

wiley

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:05 am

To everyone - thanks for all the comments, both for the piece and my health.

Dan, the honor, sir, is all mine. So good to here from ya bud.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic