On The Beat - Episode 324 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 29th, 2016

sbutler

Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a fantastic weekend!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 29th-2016/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

A new lesson! After about 8 weeks, the big news around here is I can play the guitar
with almost no pain. Although I am finding hand muscles that were starting to shows
signs of a little atrophy, leading to that good pain you feel sometimes when you get from
strenuous workouts. Today's update started with the chord progression to one of my
favorite instrumentals by one of my favorite bands. Although there are vocals, just
no lyrics. There were plenty of bits and pieces of random tunes scattered throughout
a more manic video than ones from the last few weeks.

I brought up my friend Eric Bolvin, whose jazz quintet was playing at a local club last
Saturday night. More details in the video but check him out on the video below.

There were comments on recent Forum posts, the 'wobble' problem and John's great
rendition of In My Life to name a few. The main new stuff this week was a look inside
Sandy's lesson on You've Got A Friend and Desperado, along with a complicated
strumming tune, Tin Man by America.

The other big News items were an upcoming series of DVD lessons from Max Rich on
lead playing, and our progress on unlocking some of the workshop videos from IGC to
IGC alumni. These will include the workshops by Al Stewart, Muriel Anderson, Alex de
Grassi, Dave Nachmanoff, Doug Young, and Steve Palazzo, to list some that I remember.
Anybody who signs up for this year will have access as well.

On to next week and a couple more advanced intermediate strumming songs... I hope.

Neil

sbutler

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:38 pm

Glad to see you gettin back to your old self Neil. It's clear that the "Digit" is finding its way back.

As our friend Chas would say, "Good on ya"

And I am exploring the ideas for playing leads. Thanks always, for your help.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic