On The Beat - Episode 326 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 12th, 2016

michelew

Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a good weekend!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 12th-2016/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

The Forum had a lot of interesting threads this week. I really appreciated the one about
essential songs for students. It reminded me of a few others and that I really need to
revisit and consolidate that list. Other topics that I brought up in the News included the
Song Surgeon question and the double time strumming in songs like For What It’s Worth.

An interesting coincidence connected to Vanessa and Bill’s great collaboration on If I
Needed You- I hadn’t thought about this Townes Van Zandt song in years and it has
crossed my radar 3 times now in the last month. When it rains… I have to say that the
long distance collaborations are always enjoyable, especially when songs like this are
done at such a high level.

I finally got a little back on track with stuff I was working on before the ’tree incident’,
with an intro to While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I hope to get that finished next week.
Today’s video ended with a little bit of a piece I was working on at the time as well,
Blues Land by Jerry Reed. A really cool tune that you should check out.

…OK, back to work and practice…

Neil

sbutler

Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:58 am

Thank you, thank you, Thank you, for finally getting back to "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". I've been noodling around on my own, but so wanted to see/hear your thoughts .
So after I watched your weekly update, I clicked on the link, to watch the intro lesson, and AAAARRGGHHHHH! my subscription had lapsed. I just had to wait a little more.

but now its all good

Glad to see that your back,

Scott

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:36 am

Neil

Great weekly news.

Love this Jerry Reed Blues Land instrumental
Great playing from you, good to see you back in action, on the lesson horizon :dry: I hope :cheer:

Another for Essential Song List :ohmy:
Dermot

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic