On The Beat - Episode 327 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 19th, 2016

tombo1230

Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a good weekend!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 19th-2016/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

This week was a bit of a throw back one as far as new lessons were concerned.
I did a couple from my teenage-hood and Vanessa added one from hers (well,
almost). The new stuff included Sunshine by Jonathon Edwards, Toulouse Street
by The Doobie Brothers, Spandau Ballet's Through The Barricades, and a look at
Fred and me going over Lyin' Eyes by The Eagles.

I talked a little about travel ideas to IGC and am thrilled that a few people who
were sure they couldn't make it this year have found their ways clear to join us.
Welcome to Michele, Jean and Bart.

Music today was played on my trusty Santa Cruz guitar, which spends too much
time in its case. I need to remedy that. I started with a little Gary Davis improv
and ended with one of my pieces that I keep trying to keep in respectable shape.
Then I only tackle it once every six months or so, just long enough to just about
forget it. Maybe I need to do a lesson on Paprika soon to really refresh it.

That's it for the week and I hope everybody is having a good time musically,

Neil

michelew

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:55 pm

I can't wait for August! :) :) it's going to be fantastic to meet everyone and to play together.

I'm already so excited. Do you think it's possible to sustain butterflies in your belly for six months? I'm guessing yes. :)

davidrfinn99165

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:11 pm

michelew wrote:

I'm already so excited. Do you think it's possible to sustain butterflies in your belly for six months? I'm guessing yes. :)
I'm guessing No - you'll implode around the middle of April ! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

michelew

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:16 pm

Haha! Good point!

Maybe we need a butterfly disperser song. :) A flutterby Pied Piper. Hmmmm... :)

TZZ's first live performance (of the full band :) ) ...aaaahhh!!!! no pressure David. :)

crieniecat

Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:51 am

Shel, Of course these butterflies can stay there that long!
Only thing is.... in time they'll be popping up at the most inconvenient times as well... :unsure:

When you're grumpy and snappy and you really want to make a point, but these twirling butterflies make you laugh...
Or when you watch a really sad movie and everyones crying but you, you have that weird grin on your face, because all you can see is them, in every imaginable color... sigh... :P

Oh well, I think it might be a women thingy though... What would men see in their minds eye?
Crazy electrifying guitars? :unsure: :dry:

:laugh: :P ;)
Corina.

michelew

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:51 am

Who needs giggle juice when you've got your own army of giggle troops? :) sounds like I just need to conscript them to work FOR me so I don't implode. :) maybe they're a secret weapon of mass deconstruction and a path to the happy song. :p nice one Corina. :kiss:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic