Never Too Close

wrsomers

Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:34 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks for tuning in David!

Here's take 3 with Darly on lead..... :-) love it!

Chris,
It's now a complete song. It sounds great. You and Daryl do a great job together. My compliments to you Daryl, I love your lead playing and also the bass. I also enjoyed the vocal harmony.

Bill

michelew

Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:22 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks for tuning in David!

Here's take 3 with Darly on lead..... :-) love it!

WOW! This track just gets better and better. Daryl your leads are magic.

Will we be hearing Miss Ale?

Awesome project. I don't know the song either. But I'm enjoying it more and more with each listen. Chris I'm enjoying everything you're doing in there.

M

dekotaj

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:46 am

That was a lot of fun to watch. Worked out very nice.
Bravo you two. Hope there is more coming form you all.

Thanks for sharing
Kev

neverfoundthetime

Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:53 am

Many thanks Shel and Kev! Here's the final cut (take 4) with Corina adding vocals.
All in all: Daryl on lead guitar, Chris on lead vocal and harmony, Corina on vocals.
Thanks so much to Daryl and Corina and for all tuning in, was fun to do this this way. It really helps to have folks to hook up with to remove the loneliness of the long distance guitar player!

The process:
Recorded acoustic guitar. Reduced recorded speed by 95% in AVS Audio Editor as it was too rushed but otherwise good. Added lead vocal and harmonies. Adden reverb to guitar and vocals. Posted take one. Daryl added bass (take 2). Daryl added lead. Made video of me playing and singing (Take 3). Corina added vocals (Take 4). The guitar, lead vocal and lead guitar are double tracked and placed left and right at about 80% to get a nice stereo effect. Video made in AVS Video Editor with sepia filter on final take, saved in .mov format which is very quick to upload to YT. That's it!

And the real deal...

willem

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:38 am

What a nice production..congratz all.

familyman4

Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:58 am

Well I am late to the party again but it was worth the wait.

Very nice sounding and organized job Chris! After reading your process for making the song, it sounds like a labor of love to me... Daryl you did a great job on the bass and leads and Angel, (My new name for Corina because she sounds like one) your harmonies were very good too. How much fun that must have been to work on a s a team!

Thanks for posting!
Bart

wrsomers

Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:44 pm

And now we have Corina to compliment and thank. Great job!...a new trio? CCD?

Bill

crieniecat

Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:04 pm

Thanks a lot for your nice comments!

Yes Willem a Producer is awakened in Chris.
He's great to work with, besides very talented, he has a very nice pick of songs, so, of course I wanted to add my little share! :)

Bart .... You are really sweet! Calling me "Angel" eh? :blush: I'm very honored to have earned such a special nickname, from a special friend.
Many, many thanks again!

Bill No thanks! It is always my pleasure. Singing brings out the better part of me. If I "feel" the song I'm lost in it.
So nice to hear that you appreciate my voice. :cheer: CCD? Hahaha, well it does invite to many more joined adventures to come ;)

Special thanks to Daryl who's guitar playing is always adding so much to any project here at TG! You are very talented in many ways :)

And last but not least, Chris, you always deliver so much quality to work with from the start. I already really liked the first take, then it just grew with the talented addition of Daryl.
The black and white setting of the video, that slowly came alive into color during the song. Winter turning into spring. Brilliant!
You inspire, set free to create, and bend and shape things into what you have in mind. A beautiful production. :kiss:
Makes me proud to add my personal touch, to the already very nice feel of the song you created to start with in the first place.

What's next?
Corina :)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Thanks for tuning in Willem, Bart and Bill! Thanks for joining in Corina, perfect as ever :-) and thanks for the nice comments!
I'm happy if I brought this lovely song in to folk's lives.

sandysue

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:34 am

Wow that is really a nice collaboration , you guys sound great together. :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic