On The Beat - Episode 335 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 15th, 2016

wrsomers

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a great weekend!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 15th-2016/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

I spent most of the last week obsessed with playing, and putting together a solo
guitar arrangement of White Bird by It's A Beautiful Day. I couldn't let go of it until
I got at least a rough draft on video so we added that to our Acoustic Snapshots
blog. Hopefully I can move onto the TG related stuff that fell through the cracks
while I was in obsession mode. I gave a little more (maybe a lot more) of the story
in today's recap.

An important thing I did mention was our redesigned home page, where we will
add videos from any members who are willing to talk a little about TG. There is a
Forum post with more details.

We are also thinking of reviving TG Live, maybe just as a one-off, especially as we
approach our 7th anniversary in a couple weeks. I offered up some thoughts and
hope some of you might weigh in on a possible time frame that might work for you.
This was always one of our problems in the early days as we have people scattered
pretty far across the world time zones.

The new releases this week included Greg Lake's Trilogy, Would by Alice In Chains,
Alone by Heart, and another Fly On The Wall going over how to use a capo for
second guitar parts. This also went through absolute and relative keys, as well as a
little run through of Sweet Baby James.

Some of the random playing included a couple other tunes from the first album by
It's A Beautiful Day, and a stab at an instrumental version of Trilogy. There was a
tangent off into a couple common minor progressions with descending bass lines,
one of which was much like the Led Zeppelin classic that is going into the courtroom
soon, and predated it similarly.

I think that was about it and I hope you enjoy the excursion.

Neil

itfc1959

Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:19 pm

You wondered this week if anyone would be interested in an instrumental of Trilogy. Well, I bloody am! It's the kind of lesson I joined TG for! Please.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic