On The Beat - Episode 344 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up June 17th, 2016

AcousticAl

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Hi everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a great weekend!

http://blog.totallyguitars.com/guitar-n ... 17th-2016/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

We are just a little over two months away from IGC 2016 and nearly full. A few recent registrations
leave us with only 2 spots remaining so if you are on the fence and thinking about joining us please
do so soon!

As we head into Father’s Day Weekend here it seemed appropriate to get to work on Paul Simon’s
song Father And Daughter (and as recently requested on the Forum). This was a lot of fun but turned
into a much bigger project than I imagined as Paul’s guitar part is very basic and empty without extra
musicians adding leads and percussive attacks. Needless to say, I had to incorporate those into a
solo accompaniment version, leading to a very challenging, Level 7 song. In any case, I hope there
are things in there for everybody.

Completely coincidentally, Vanessa also had Paul on her hit list and gave us a great take on The Only
Living Boy In New York
. We also had the end of Lynn’s lesson from her recent trip to TG Central, this
time going over hand position, and general goofing off and having a great time.

Somehow, as the News was ending, a pick showed up and my guitar tackled Day Tripper with a few
morphs into some other Simon classics. I don’t think anybody will have any trouble identifying them
this time.

Till next week… Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

TGNesh

Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:14 pm

Well I was certainly véry surprised when seeing the latest TG-lesson this morning! :ohmy:

Indeed, we don't really exchange notes about that, but so far, so good! :laugh: Except for this lesson that I did which was already in Target :S. It was actually on the recommend a lesson list, posted a couple of days before I started to work on it. The student recommending it didn't realize it was in Target already (how could he between the 1000 lessons?! :blink: :P ), so it didn't occur to me to check it... :( Oh well, that sure won't happen again!!!

I suppose/hope that Paul Simon-fans are happy with this past TG-week. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic