MarkM Open G Noodle

michelew

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:06 pm

You're so welcome.

Perhaps a silly question, but have you sent it to Mark? I'm sure he'd love to hear how he's inspired you and where his piece has led.

Craig

Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:54 pm

Yes. He's not around the forum as much as he used to be but I let him know a few weeks ago that we were working on something with his chord progression and I was going to post it. It's pretty different than the song/lyrics that were put to it originally. Interesting how the same chord progression can go in two pretty different directions!

Craig

davidrfinn99165

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:38 am

I really like this. The main theme as the electric guitar comes in for the first time is really effective.

Using Shel's reaction as our emotional bellwether I can hear it playing out across the final credits of a Hollywood rom-com. Do you have an agent ???

/ david

Craig

Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:27 am

Thanks David! I'm really glad you liked it! It's real different from anything I've done in the past. I'm trying to expand my horizons and grow a little bit, that was my main motivation for posting this.

Thanks for taking the time to listen!
Craig

Is the rom-com a Sandra Bullock movie? :laugh: :laugh:

TGNesh

Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:44 pm

Wow....Craig, that's some work you guys put into! :ohmy: Very well done! :cheer:

Amazing how different this noodle has turned out, a completely different piece of music. I absolutely loved the cello in particular! The sound of it all actually sounded a bit Pink Floyd-ish to me. You should take that as a compliment! ;)

It's also great that you're getting together with others and enjoy playing together. It adds so much to ones musicality and to the fun of course! Sure, beer helps too. :laugh:

This turned out into a great project, kudos to you and your friends!

Ness

Craig

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Thank You Vanessa!

Of course, that means a lot to me coming from you! Especially since you saw my first TG upload years ago that was mostly wrong notes and out of time! :laugh:

Funny how your collaboration and this can be so different with the same chord progression in the same tuning!

Playing with others has been really good for me. It forced me out of my comfort zone, plus pushed me to practice a little more.

Thanks for listening. See you soon ;)

Craig

jayswett

Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:45 am

I thoroughly enjoyed that. I remember when Mark first posted that a few years ago. Yes, time flies and this thread serves as another reminder of that, and the notion that it makes sense to maximize the usefulness of one's time. Time spend making music in your friend's garage is obviously time well spent. Conngrats on this project. I would think Mark would be very pleased with this.

Craig

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:13 am

Thanks Jay! I'm really pleased that you enjoyed it. Family time and making music are definitely at the top of my "time well spent" list! I appreciate you taking the time to listen.

Craig

MarkM

Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:21 pm

Craig!!!! Congratulations!! That was very enjoyable. Great vibe to this song you put together. It has a late Beatley sound to it which I love. The same vibe as Free as a Bird. Just add a Harrison slide part and your all set. I'll have to listen to it a few more times over the weekend when I have some more time to spend with it. I always wanted to add some strings and that type of electric to it. You guys did great!!! Thanks for sharing!!

MarkM

Craig

Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:44 pm

Hey Mark!

I'm so glad that you checked in on it, I was hoping you would... and I'm extra happy that you liked it!

Every time I'm in Open G tuning, I always run through that chord progression, thanks to you!

Thanks again,

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic