Play Acoustic Harmony/Body Rez Pedal

wrsomers

Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:55 am

Some of you IGC 2016 TGers may remember my demo at Thursday breakfast of the TC Helicon Play Acoustic pedal. Here's a video done by Craig Fraser and Tom Lang of TC Helicon demonstrating the product in a delightful 45 minute video. I know at least one of you will want to feed his GAAS syndrome with it (Bart??? :) )

Bill

auntlynnie

Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:12 am

Well, that looks like fun!

Very cool.

Lynn

daryl

Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:36 am

If only I could carry a tune. :-(

familyman4

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:19 am

Bill,

Yes, guilty as charged. I have purchased one since camp. I had been looking at options already but once I saw and heard yours, it was over. (I actually had an older model that I just didn't like the sound of so I never use it)

However, here is where I messed up.... I mentioned to my wife that this would be a great Christmas present. She said "great, go ahead and get it". So I did. But now I can't use it until Christmas..... I should have thought out my choice of words before speaking them... :laugh:

Bart

dottmcse85630

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:05 pm

Wow really cool.

So being a newbie to audio equipment, pedals, mic's, mixers, etc.
Can anyone make recommendations on a very basic setup? Without a huge investment.
I know this is an open question, but what do you need to get going?

I figure I sound crappy now so why not sound even crappier!

Dennis

wrsomers

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Hahaha Bart,
I guess you shot yourself in the foot. In my house I talk about something I want and then a little later go out and buy it, only to find (at gift time) that I spoiled her gift idea. :( :laugh: .

Actually shortly after camp mine malfunctioned and I was without it for a couple weeks until Sweetwater replaced it. They are the best; they could have made me wait until repairs were done; but I told them I needed it for an upcoming gig. They over-nighted a new one to me and I got it today.

While you are waiting for Christmas I would suggest that you watch all TC Helicon's tutorials and the one above. I realized that I wasn't really using it correctly. It has many awesome features and really does make your guitar and voice sound much better. So much so that when I was without it I thought something was wrong with my guitar and my singing. :)

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. If you have any questions about using it, please feel free to PM.

Bill

wrsomers

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:21 pm

dottmcse85630 wrote:
Wow really cool.

So being a newbie to audio equipment, pedals, mic's, mixers, etc.
Can anyone make recommendations on a very basic setup? Without a huge investment.
I know this is an open question, but what do you need to get going?

I figure I sound crappy now so why not sound even crappier!

Dennis
Hi Dennis,
I would suggest you get Doug Young's "Acoustic Guitar Amplification Essentials: Complete Edition" here:

http://store.acousticguitar.com/product ... essentials

It will give you just about everything you need to know on the subject. I have it and refer to it often

Bill

dottmcse85630

Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:49 pm

Well whoda known there is a book out there with the specifics I am lookin for, especially by someone we all know!

Thanks much.

Dennis

dottmcse85630

Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:18 pm

Just bought one of the TC Helicon Play Acoustic pedals. Pretty cool device, LOTS to learn and play with right out of the box.
So far I can tell I REALLY suck at singing listening to myself thru headphones. I also found it is much easier to detect improper fretting of chords since playback goes right to the ear with the headphones.

Yep its kinda fun, next step is to mess with the vocals a bit, harmonies, etc.

I think a BeatBuddy that Bob S. had at camp would also be a great addition.

Dennis

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic