On The Beat - Episode 361 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 4th, 2016

TGKatherine

Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:02 pm

Hello everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a nice weekend!

http://blog.totallyguitars.com/guitar-n ... -4th-2016/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

This week I kind of checked out for a few days as the creative bug bit and I had to ride it out. Getting a recording of the new
piece, Remember, may have freed me up to rejoin the real world. Although, who’s to say which is ‘real’? Today’s News included
a bit of insight into a few ways that the creative process works for me. Sometimes I feel like I am in charge and sometimes
not at all in control. It can be very strange at times.

I played some pieces at the beginning, some of which started with a similar path, but all of which remind me of important
people in my life. By the end of today’s video (a bit longer than usual) I talked about string breaking possibilities, my general
recording set up (which differs from situation to situation), and about composing from quite a few different angles. I hope it
does not come off as too self-indulgent.

Meanwhile, while I was occupied elsewhere, we had some great lessons by my colleagues, Vanessa and Max, as well as a look
at Fred working on Stormy, by The Classics IV. That lessons had some good ideas on practicing unusual, or uncomfortable
finger changes.

Vanessa brought us Drops Of Jupiter by Train, and Max dipped into the Mumford & Sons catalog with I Will Wait. Both of these
have interesting and challenging strumming techniques going on.

Next week I hope to finish some of the projects on my list, most of which have been hinted at over the last few weeks, then on
to more fun and exciting lessons…

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Thanks for the news, string theory and the fascinating insights to your creative state of mind and process Neil, really interesting stuff. Just loved Remember and it was playing in my head all day as I was coaching tennis on court, kinda helped the day go by..... and even some lyrics appeared on paper this morning after my second listen. Not promising anything but we'll see.....

Chris

michelew

Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:39 pm

Hi Neil! Thanks so much for sharing your creative process with us. I found it fascinating.

I'm always up for a challenge as you know. I'm not sure how long it will take me but I'd like to give it a go. It's beautiful and I really like the returning melody, the variations and the twists. I really like the image you created with your story too.

The string info was interesting too.

Thanks.

Michele

neverfoundthetime

Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:32 am

Hi Shel, sent you it by mail :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic