On The Beat - Episode 362 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 11th, 2016

TGKatherine

Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:26 pm

Hello everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a nice weekend!

http://blog.totallyguitars.com/guitar-n ... 11th-2016/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

I hope everybody here takes a moment to honor and think about the veterans who have done so much for our country today,
even those abroad have their own heroes to thank for keeping their world safer.

Some of these thoughts led me into memories of my wife’s grandfather, who had a rough time here in California during WWII,
and someone who made a big impression on me when I joined the family almost 35 years ago. Some of those details are
mentioned relating to the piece I played at the beginning of today’s News.

This week we brought another Dave Nachmanoff tune into the Target Program, Spinoza’s Dream from his most recent album,
along with a reach way back to the early days of Rock ’n Roll, Johnny B Goode, a song I usually use when I need to give a student
an example of 12-bar blues. There was another installment of Bicycle Tune, finishing up all the sections, with just a few closing
thoughts to come soon.

I also reminded our early IGCers that we will get back on the plan to get them access to TEG, drop me a PM once you create an
account there and I will see that it gets done.

Cool things on the Forum this week included Bill’s version of American Tune by Paul Simon, and of course, the TZZ cover of
Postcards Of Scarborough. And Kevin’s post on recovering from finger injuries reminded of my own close call last year with
‘The Christmas Tree Incident’, something I hope goes a bit smoother this year. I will keep you posted and be back next week.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

michelew

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Hey Neil!

I really like Imagine That. Very catchy to be sure. :)

M

daryl

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:14 pm

Bread?????

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic