Back to the drawing board!

spinland

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:58 pm

When you think you have a new song arranged okay, then after a couple of playthroughs you decide the chord progressions suck and drag out the pencil to hack away.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:08 pm

In search of the lost chord?

spinland

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:39 pm

Many Bothans died trying to smuggle that secret chord out of the Empire.

TGNesh

Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:18 pm

:laugh: :laugh: I know all about the drawing board... ;) I actually love to do so. Working out arrangements or songs is like putting together a puzzle. I don't like puzzles :S :P, but musically I do. Especially when i find a way to put it all together, that's like EUREKA!! :woohoo:

spinland

Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ness. I want to share this song here but I have some standards and recording something that is half baked won't do. My skills are not yet to the point I can arrange material and have it performance worthy in just a few days. I also feel strongly about discussing the process as I go. That, as I see it, is the foundation of groups like this. As my father is fond of saying about church (this is not a religious statement, rather a metaphor): you learn and grow in a hospital for sinners, not in a club for saints. :side:

TGNesh

Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:50 am

:laugh: :laugh: I like your father's metaphor!

I would agree, discussing the process while you go is something that i've been encouraging to TG-members. I'd rather see where someone's at, when learning and practicing a song, instead of reviewing the 'final' take or result. It's easier to fine tune, then to re/un-learn something which you have been practicing.

Good luck with the song! :)

spinland wrote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ness. I want to share this song here but I have some standards and recording something that is half baked won't do. My skills are not yet to the point I can arrange material and have it performance worthy in just a few days. I also feel strongly about discussing the process as I go. That, as I see it, is the foundation of groups like this. As my father is fond of saying about church (this is not a religious statement, rather a metaphor): you learn and grow in a hospital for sinners, not in a club for saints. :side:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic