Guitar Midi Controller

spinland

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:43 am

daryl wrote:
I hate it when Murphy comes to visit. :-(
Meh. I fight with computers for a living, I've long since stopped expecting them to "just work" when I want them to. :silly:

Working great now and today I have declared to be a fun-is-mandatory day so I shall be playing with this.

Mark

spinland

Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:39 am

So, on the song collaboration:

Thus far, based on the sample tracks, I'm looking at 74 bpm in common time with a bit of a swing feel. I should have a draft percussion track put together before too long, which I'll share out a link to so you guys can give it a listen and see if that feels right to you.

dekotaj

Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:10 am

daryl wrote:
For a while I’ve been toying with the idea of buying a keyboard midi controller. And just recently started to research which ones are good and how much they cost. I found that I could buy a crappy little one for about $50.00 or I could get a bigger one with more bells and whistles for a lot more money. But then I wondered how much would I really use one especially since I really don’t play keyboards all that well. So I started investigating using my electric guitar as a midi controller.

A few years ago I was able to configure my guitar as a MONOPHONIC midi controller just using my DAW (Reaper). It was reasonably good with minimal latency and OK sensitivity (if you played very carefully and didn’t play too fast). Now (a few years later) I was hoping that I would be able to use it a POLYPHONIC midi controller. And guess what? I have found that some brilliant person has created a software program that actually makes any guitar a POLYPHONIC midi controller! No additional hardware is necessary. I’m using the trial version right now to see if I really will use it. The trial version does most every thing the full-blown version does except that the trial version will pause every couple of minutes. But that’s OK for right now.

So here I am playing a mellotron. How cool is that? Well, I think it’s pretty cool.

Hey Daryl
Yes that is real cool. I look forward to seeing what you folks put together.
Kev

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic