Guitar Midi Controller

spinland

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:56 am

daryl wrote:
Mark & Bill can we agree to use this as the guide track?
Works for me!

spinland

Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:57 am

Related to the OP I just nabbed a demo copy of the polyphonic software and am looking forward to some quality time later today to play around with it. How exciting! :side:

daryl

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:16 am

Mark, This might help you with the drums....

wrsomers

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:47 am

daryl wrote:
Mark & Bill can we agree to use this as the guide track?

Perfect Daryl. Key of C. Descending base line C/C, C/B, Am7/A, Am7G, F/F, F/E, Dm/D, Dm/A, G/B, G7/G or something like that. :)

Bill

crieniecat

Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:51 am

Gentlemen.... It would be an honor.
Keep me posted, give me something to work with to noodle around, and let's have a go at it! (the key the cover is sang in, is right for me btw.)

Count me in
:) Corina.

wrsomers

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:28 pm

crieniecat wrote:
Gentlemen.... It would be an honor.
Keep me posted, give me something to work with to noodle around, and let's have a go at it! (the key the cover is sang in, is right for me btw.)

Count me in
:) Corina.
Yay! Sounds like we've got something going.

Bill :cheer:

daryl

Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:11 pm

So Mark, How did you like "Midi Guitar 2"? Pretty cool? What VSTi's did you try? What worked best for you?

spinland

Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:43 am

daryl wrote:
So Mark, How did you like "Midi Guitar 2"? Pretty cool? What VSTi's did you try? What worked best for you?
Morning, Daryl!

I had some work issues that prevented me from having any playtime yesterday, alas. I'm trying it right now but having no success getting it even to recognize I have a guitar plugged into my Scarlett. From what I can tell the standalone version should be giving me visualization cues, even a tuner, but the app just sits there, dead, and reacts to nothing I try. The documentation has only one short blurb about users of the standalone versus the paid plugins, and that also has no effect that I can see: it references something that, if it's the right setting, is labeled differently in the app and the "it's just there" MIDI device is not anywhere at all.

Ugh. I'm pretty tech savvy and have years of experience with MIDI and DAW work and this has me at an impasse.

I have a support ticket in, we'll see what aspect of setup they've assumed, that I do not see and needed them to include in the docs, and I should get it sorted soon. :side:

EDITED TO ADD: well, I decided to try the "when in doubt, reboot everything" route and now the app is recognizing my guitar input. That's a start, yay! What's probably a player is the "work issues" I was having were related to a crash and burn of some critical-path USB hardware right in the middle of time-sensitive render jobs. Since the Scarlett also relies on USB, and I was frantically plugging and unplugging related hardware for a good part of yesterday, it seems logical that something got borked and a full reboot of all my systems might clear out any lingering cobwebs. I had to keep the systems online yesterday but the renders are done so I was free to boot them in the butt. Seems to have worked. :side:

daryl

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:39 am

I hate it when Murphy comes to visit. :-(

Not a very good first impression of MG2 for you. For me, I simply plugged my guitar into my m-audio mbox2, brought up the standalone app and everything worked perfectly. Hope you are more successful today.

spinland

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:40 am

Okay, Daryl, I'm sold. Wow, that's hella fun. I was trying one of the violins in my Sampletank library and the sustain with my PRS is so long I could play it in tapping mode while rarely needing to pluck any strings. I can see I'm going to need to spend some quality time with the noise gate and other settings to tame this thing down but I'm digging it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic