Practicin' — Just a Semi-Random Pic

spinland

Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:50 pm

I'm working hard on the next Busking song, and it'd make me feel better about my glacial progress if I posted a still from the video of one of my latest (no-way-gonna-post-that-mess) practice takes.

Also working on the tone I want from the pickup I installed in my acoustic. There are so many recording options and I want to explore the direct-from-amp possibilities I opened up when I installed it. Humor my geekness, please. :side:

Mark

spinland

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:48 am

Two full run-throughs with only minor flubs. Couple more like that and maybe I'll feel ready to record. There are only a handful of open chords in this tune but it's long and quite peppy and keeping up is a challenge—one I welcome and enjoy.

More to come. :side:

neverfoundthetime

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:02 am

Great hat pic Mark, keeping up a long running TG tradition of donning a hat when posting.... hmmm, something I have not yet done. Hope you are enjoying your glacial but certain progress....that's par for the course I guess ;-).

spinland

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:11 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Great hat pic Mark, keeping up a long running TG tradition of donning a hat when posting.... hmmm, something I have not yet done. Hope you are enjoying your glacial but certain progress....that's par for the course I guess ;-).
Thanks, Chris! The hat is my "Dumbo's Magic Feather." One of my online guitar-playing friends swears it grants me magical powers. :lol:

Getting closer to something to post. Just had a great take on the vocals and the guitar stuff is very close. No way in Book's Special Hell I'll be singing and playing this one at the same time, not at this stage in my journey. That'll have to wait for a slower tune. :side:

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic