On The Beat - Episode 371 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 17th, 2017

TGKatherine

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Hello everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a great weekend!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

It was a great busking week here at TG. I really enjoyed reliving the Moody Blues, thanks to Chris,
and especially appreciate Lynn getting us in the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day.

It made me remember a great period in my life when I was playing a bunch of traditional Irish tunes
with a friend and her folk harp, a few more details in today’s update video.

This week we added another cool electric adapted for acoustic adventure from Max, Led Zeppelin’s
Kashmir
, some additional segments to City Of Stars focusing on the arpeggio accompaniment, and
a FOTW with Sandy working on palm muting in I’m Yours by Jason Mraz.

I tried digging through the basement to share my first guitar with everybody but that will have to
wait for another day, after the residents there relocate. We hear that might be soon, but who knows?

Today’s musings were bookended by a couple other traditional Irish tunes, one you surely know, and
one you might not. I hope you enjoy them.

Back next week,

Neil

sbutler

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Ok Neil, Sharon was listening to your last Irish song, and told me to tell you that I need to learn how to play it.

So a big yes to the lesson on that song. I'm not sure that you even mentioned the name.
Doesn't matter, she says YES on the lesson.

Oh and I made a comment on your "House at Pooh Corner" post, but it was soon swallowed up by the other activity.

Sure glad to have you back.

Scott

davidrfinn99165

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi Neil..thx for the update.. another vote for an arrangement of Down By The Salley Gardens which i really enjoyed..

I've been on the verge of responding to the Sweet Thursday challenge haha.... first i'd like to say i really appreciate it because

a..it is such a deep cut, i reckon i have a good knowledge of most english stuff from that period, but this was a new one on me..
b. i'm taking it that Alun Davies is the guy who was/became Cat Stevens' second guitarist and who i saw on stage with Cat in London only a few months ago......

however...that must be the worst song i have ever heard eek..none of those guys were songwriters...and the mix is terrible.. i can't hear any of the changes after the first two lines of the verse..is it just me ?? can you post a school solution ??

cheers, david

michelew

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Neil,

I really enjoyed listening to the last piece you played especially; really beautiful.

Hello!

Michele

mrp777

Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:54 am

Really nice rendition of Down By The Salley Gardens. I vote YES for an arrangement!!

auntlynnie

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:58 am

Neil,
Yes, please, please, please, put up a lesson on Down in the Sally Garden.
It has been a favorite of mine and my daughter's for many, many years and I would love to learn it!
Thanks,
Lynn

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic