On The Beat - Episode 372 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 24th, 2017

TGKatherine

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Hello everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a very nice weekend!

http://blog.totallyguitars.com/guitar-n ... 24th-2017/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

A little bluesy version of some recognizable tunes started off today’s update, followed by hints at possible
upcoming lessons. I didn’t mean to set up any teasers but it might look like that.

This week we added a lesson on a song that goes way back on the request list, Hole Hearted by Extreme,
and finally finished up City Of Stars with a look at the arpeggio version the way it was done when Sebastian
and Mia did it as a duet.

I really enjoyed the creative expressions that have gone into the Picture Challenge thread. It has gotten
very personal and touching. My compliments to the entire TG Community.

I also took a minute to elaborate on the From The Beginning lesson, particularly with regard to the extra
noise and muting we need to hear during the main 2-chord sequence.

There was a little talk about the new situation at IGC 2017, and I am happy to say that a few campers have
already decided that bringing their spouse along could be a great vacation for everybody.

If you have never seen the incredible Northern California coast around Monterey, I hope you might think
about joining us.

Till next week, stay tuned & in touch,

Neil

thereshopeyet

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Neil

Great weekly news.

Thanks for the From The Beginning responses.
Top 10 songs, eh ? I suppose I just chose No 1 after only five years ! :blush:
I hear and see you play many more new perfect mistakes :dry: in From The Beginning !
Too cool :ohmy:

Still haven't seen City of Stars , I've been told it's great.
Thanks for the additional parts 7 and 8.
:)

I look forward to your lesson uploads next week.
The tunes you were playing sound great.

Dermot

sbutler

Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:32 am

Yes Neil, it was I that requested Hole Hearted as a lesson. What I now know, is that when I first requested it, I couldn't have come close to being able to play it. Not skilled nearly enough.

Now my challenge is precision picking. I've focused so much on finger picking that my "pick" picking is a little behind. This will be a great lesson to work on it.

Thanks again Vanessa,

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:06 pm

I've been really enjoying all the playing during the past few news vids Neil, love it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic