On The Beat - Episode 373 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 31st, 2017

TGKatherine

Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:28 pm

Hello everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a great weekend!

http://blog.totallyguitars.com/guitar-n ... 31st-2017/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

So sappy songs week has come and gone, or has it? Today’s update included a few of my favorites, along with
bungled attempts at some others.

I guess we can blame Vanessa for breaking out You Needed Me by Anne Murray, and it was a bit coincidental
that I threw in John Denver’s My Sweet Lady (although the blame there clearly goes to Bart and Sandy), but
with the addition of Frankie Goes To Hollywood lesson I was really feeling the need to rock it out a bit.
Unfortunately, the closest thing I could come up with on the spot was a stab at a song that reminds me of the
Jefferson Starship, not sure if that is a better or worse situation.

Among the rambling and scrambling, there were a couple of musical puzzles, looking at similarities between
seemingly unrelated songs.

And yes it was The Grateful Dead, but other songs in the category would include House At Pooh Corner and
Kodachrome, not really Living In The Past or Money (Pink Floyd), although they have something in the same
direction.

There was also a little IGC talk as we have solidified everything with Asilomar, and some background info on
some of the faces in the 2016 Highlight Video that finally surfaced this week.

If all of this added something to everybody’s overall confusion level my job is complete, for the time being.

Back in April, I hope.

Neil

familyman4

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:28 pm

Hey now, don't blame me & Sandy for "sappy song week". We are just innocent bystanders.... :woohoo:

It was a good week though. I did really enjoy all of the lessons this week. (As usual) I might not learn every song that a lesson is posted for, but I pick up useful knowledge from every lesson I have the time to watch!

TG is the best!
Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic