Curing Pick Woes or How to Hold on to that thing

TGNeil

Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:22 pm

wrsomers wrote:
I just finished watching Neil's "On The Beat" episode for this week. His advice about holding a pick is great and I get what he's saying. However, as one ages, it becomes harder to do some of the things that were easy at a younger age. I don't know exactly why that is (or maybe I do but don't want to admit it). :laugh: In the past I never even thought about keeping a hold on the pick, it just came naturally. Now it's a constant effort maintaining control. So anything that makes things easier is welcome in my world. ;) :) .

So thanks for the advice Neil, it's very helpful...carrying a pick around has added benefits....like not having to remember where I put it down :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .

Bill
Hey Bill,

Thanks for the comment and I have to admit that I like the ease of use of picks with grips, like I showed in the News. Your comments on never losing it reminds me of a similar phenomenon.

If you have a bag of 20 picks, they may last you a month before you lose them all. But if you only have one pick there is a good chance it will last you about 6 weeks. This is true in a lot of non-musical situations as well, probably something Mark Twain wrote about.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic