On The Beat - Episode 376 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 21st, 2017

TGKatherine

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Hello everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a nice weekend!

http://blog.totallyguitars.com/guitar-n ... 21st-2017/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

George Harrison wrote some great songs, one of which opens today’s update, and the following one is one he
would have considered amateurish and weak, from only a few years earlier. There were quite a few thoughts
on George scattered through the News as well.

The question about how to follow the Beginner’s Blueprint was addressed with the main thought being to start
with the Fundamentals video under the Tips, Techniques, Theory and Styles menu, continuing with the 7 segments,
concluding with Chords In Keys.

A couple new lessons this week, courtesy of Max and Vanessa, including Stevie Wonder’s Sir Duke, Ice Cream
by Sarah McLachlan
, and a Fly lesson with Sandy working on Leather And Lace, particularly a second guitar part.

And my plan over the last few weeks, of getting a bit ahead on lessons as I head into a forced down time for knee
surgery, has gotten undermined, sabotaged, and downright missing in action, has ground to a halt, with a bit of
an explanation in the video.

In any case, I will try to stay in touch over the next weeks as I spend some time with some men in white coats!

Neil

davidrfinn99165

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:56 pm

Thx for the update neil... love all the george stuff, plus the blast of cat stevens at the end.

I can't let a dylan challenge go by of course ... from memory i think the song bob 'teaches' george and leon onstage at msg is 'it takes a lot to laugh, it takes a train to cry'. Dylan hadn't played it at the afternoon show, and he turns around to the others, tells them what he is going to play, they huddle briefly while bob plays a few bars of the shuffle to show them how it goes..and then he is off. as you say neil, leon's face is priceless and the others are watching dylan's hands to follow the changes. dylan likes to throw his sidemen some curve balls, even if one of them is an ex-beatle.

traction ??? ouch.... hope all goes well neil.

/ david

michelew

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:41 am

Neil I hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly; that you're up on your feet and pain free before you know it.

Thanks for your wonderful comments about our last couple of TZZ numbers too. It's always icing on the cake when we get your feedback. :) :kiss:

Love

Michele

dtaylor

Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:11 am

I'd LOVE to hear 'Adia' get the Hogan treatment. It's long been a favourite and I've thought about doing a chord-melody version but it's too rich for my blood just yet.

daryl

Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Yes, indeed, Neil! I can't wait to start Ice Cream! But first, "Ironic". Thanks so much Vanessa! --Lisa

TGNesh

Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:17 pm

That's awesome to hear Lisa, so glad you're happy with those additions to Target! I can totally 'hear' you playing and singing those songs. Reminds me of IGC too, you were such a great help with those sing alongs and we had much fun singing JM-songs! :)

lchris9066557 wrote:
Yes, indeed, Neil! I can't wait to start Ice Cream! But first, "Ironic". Thanks so much Vanessa! --Lisa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic