On The Beat - Episode 379 - TG Update with Matt - June 6th, 2017

chacho

Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:40 am

So good to see and hear Matt again.
I do agree with Matt about the noise ( close to the edge) and I remember he had a great taste in music.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:09 pm

Great to see you two together again! Been a while Matt, great to see you back at TG Central. Must be cool to look back at what became of one of the best ideas ever to be realised on the net. The TG Pirates salute you! Apparently you are "Fecklessly tin-eared", who'd have thought! :laugh: Good on ya! :laugh:

PS: Close to the Edge.... that's quite a piece! Thanks for referring to it.... easy to see how it can produce divergent reactions!

auntlynnie

Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:32 pm

What a fun weekly wrap-up! Wonderful to see you and Matt talking together.
I feel like I came late to the party... didn't even find TG until around 2012 - missed all the initial videos - I'll have to go looking for them!
But it was nice to get to listen in on you two just chatting about Totally Guitars.
Cheers,
Lynn

TGNeil

Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:13 pm

Hey Lynn,

Late to the party means nothing and thanks for chiming in. I was hoping to get to another (last for a time) update this week but between rehabbing knee #1 and prepping for #2, time was fleeting. Off to see my knife wielding buddy again tomorrow and then into double rehab. I hope to come up for air and be more visible than the first time but am not holding out much hope tonight. I will be back as soon as physically, mentally, and emotionally possible. And I look forward to seeing you at IGC 2017, where I might be able to walk around the grounds for a change.

Neil

spinland

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 am

Heh. I'm very, very late to the party, but of late that's my mantra.

Great stuff, it was a lot of fun hearing "insider" thoughts on so many topics.

On the music tastes, well...Yes is my absolute favorite band of all time, "And You & I" my absolute favorite song, ever, and if there were to be a pantheon of music gods Steve Howe would simply have to be the Odin Allfather. Second fiddle isn't even close.

I also grant that a great many of my family and friends don't share my love for their stuff, and everyone's got their druthers. There are no few "godlike" musical acts out there which do nothing at all for me, and I express that feeling sometimes at my peril. :silly:

When The Dude dissed the Eagles in The Big Lebowski I nearly rose from my seat. :angry:

Vive la Diversity, and life is good. :side:

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic