On The Beat - Episode 381 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up July 21st, 2017

TGKatherine

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Hello everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a great weekend!

http://blog.totallyguitars.com/guitar-n ... 21st-2017/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Well I am finally getting a bit of time to pick up the guitar, although it was probably more inspiration
that was missing as the knees were healing. Today started with a little improv in D Minor, which later
became part of some thoughts on Pentatonic Patterns and whether you need to use all 5 equally.

There were references to quite a few songs that are fun to practice your pentatonic leads with, and
tips on how you can really get away with just 2 patterns. I also talked a bit about Jackson Browne’s
These Days
, which made me think it might be a good tune to tab out if there is a little demand for it.

We did get a few new lessons up this week- Kids In America by Kim Wilde, Everlong by The Foo Fighters,
and a Fly On The Wall with Kurt going into the Pentatonic Patterns a bit.

We are just 1 month out from our International Guitar Camp and are submitting a final rooming list
next week so if there is anybody out there still thinking of joining us you should get in touch ASAP.

Till next week, Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

thereshopeyet

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:36 am

Neil

Pleased to hear your knees are on the mend.
I don't envy :X you with that.

My brother inlaw's had a big opertion too so we've spent some time visiting him in hospital.
Lucky to be with us. We've been feeling really Fchorded too !

Thanks for a great Weekly News and fantastic responses to my Pentatonic question.
:cheer: you've cheered me up !

Did I hear you mention tab for Jackson Browne's These Days :cheer:

Any chance of Lone Me A Dime - tab too ? :unsure:
Loved you're playing this week considering you're still mending , great video.

Derrmot

wrsomers

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Hey Neil,
Glad to hear you're on the mend.

I'm excited about you going back to tackle "These Days" I can't wait to hear/see your update on this lesson. Especially the part where Jackson goes into reverse bass Travis picking.

Bill

PS...More lessons on JB's songs would be very welcome here :-) Like a guitar version of "Fountain Of Sorrow", "For A Dancer" and "Sky Blue and Black"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic