On The Beat - Episode 392 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up October 20th, 2017

TGKatherine

Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a great weekend!

http://blog.totallyguitars.com/guitar-n ... 20th-2017/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

It has been a couple very busy weeks here at TG Central. Nani and I were out visiting relatives for a long
weekend in Hawaii, and the house is on its way to being solar powered, which means a couple times of
no power. But in the meantime here at TG we managed a nice variety of new lessons.

Max brought us Michael Jackson’s Rock With You, Vanessa introduced us to Ruth B and Lost Boy, and I
got to a very old tune, Affair On 8th Avenue by Gordon Lightfoot, a pretty new tune, One Horse Town by
Blackberry Smoke, and a Fly On The Wall with Ed looking at Bob Dylan’s Just Like Tom Thumb’s Blues.

I am glad I finally got to the Gordon Lightfoot song as it got me reminiscing about many of his early songs
I used to play and sing. It also got me back to listening to those early albums. I heartily recommend The
Way I Feel, Did She Mention My Name, Back Here On Earth, and Sunday Concert, all of which predated his
big first hit, If You Could Read My Mind.

Of course the great albums and songs continued and I would probably pick Summertime Dream as my
favorite of what might be considered his middle period. Be sure to check some of them out when you can.

And before anybody asks for tab, the intro and outro today were just noodling, rambling improvs.

Neil

familyman4

Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 am

Neil,

I like the way you plan a trip around getting some new shirts! Smart man! Glad you had a nice trip and are back in the saddle of TG central again.

Also, nice to hear you are riding your bike again. That tells me your knees are doing better all the time. Life changing....

Nice weekly news recap. Loved your song at the end too. I actually was listening to the weekly recap with my phone plugged into the media outlet of my vehicle while driving. When you were playing that song at the end of your recap, it made me forget all about the traffic jam I was in.

Thanks again....
Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic