On The Beat - Episode 393 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up October 27th, 2017

TGKatherine

Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:19 am

Hi everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is ready.

Have a great weekend!

http://blog.totallyguitars.com/guitar-n ... 27th-2017/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

Today’s update included a few pieces in Dropped D Tuning, due to a piece that I should have brought up
on the What Are You Working On Thread.

When I was visiting relatives last week a song popped up in my iTunes that I had heard for years but this
time I couldn’t get rid of it. I started working on a solo guitar arrangement the other day and got obsessed
enough to let everything else drop.

I hope you enjoy the little teaser but I would be shocked if anybody out there could place it, even with a
few hints. Hopefully a new instrumental lesson will come out of it soon.

In any case, it did get me playing a few classics in Dropped D that you should know, even ending with a
short improv that appeared as I was trying to sign off.

I do want to thank my long time student and friend Fred for being a good sport and tackling Good Time
Charlie’s Got The Blues
at his lesson last week. It got me inspired to finish a lesson on the great Danny
O’Keefe song. We may have a FOTW in the bank on that as well now.

Our other new lessons were all new songs to me, Bad Day by Daniel Powter, Two Hands Of A Prayer by Ben
Harper
, and Starving by Hailee Steinfeld.

A little sideline that appeared was almost show and tell from our trip, a couple souvenirs from Kaua’i- a
custom shirt courtesy of Jacqueline and her tiny shop in Hanapepe, and a memorable beer can. You will
have to see the video for more info on that.

OK, though the weekend and Halloween, I hope all is well with everyone in the TG World!

Neil

thereshopeyet

Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Neil

I've been racking my brain :dry: all weekend and sorry, can't recognise the mystery tune or artist.

:(

As always enjoyed the news music and updates.

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic