On The Beat - Episode 395 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 11th, 2017

tgjameela

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is live.

Enjoy!

http://blog.totallyguitars.com/uncatego ... 10th-2017/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

What was that? Some kind of G7sus4/D with a rogue Maj7#11 floating on top? The discussions about A Hard Days
Night
have brought scholars and musicologists to fisticuffs. All I ever tried to do was get as close as possible with
just 6 strings. In today’s update I revisit the conflict a bit, and wrestle with another Beatles’ rocker, Hey Bulldog.
I was glad Max got to that for us as it has lingered on my to-do list for years.

This week also brought us another Bee Gees classic, Words, a geography update on triads up the neck with Sandy,
and the start to a lesson on the Acoustic Snapshot from last week, Leonardo’s Dream by Franco Mussida of the
Italian Progressive band PFM.

And speaking of Snapshots, it was a bit of a relief to get to Blues Land this week. I have been enamored with this
tune for maybe a year now without feeling confident enough to tackle a complete performance. That can now be
checked off the bucket list and I can get on with other nagging musical endeavors, like studying the Recommend
A Lesson page and beefing things up here at TG.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 am

Great News Neil, looking good and sounding great! Some cool playing in there. At some point you started speaking in Russian or something so was getting lost.... which reminds me, I think you gave me a task earlier in the week that I am still trying to avoid.... :laugh: Well, I did just come off a stretch of 21 days straight work without a day off, so I need to put my feet up right now... B)

michelew

Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Neil,

Thanks for the info about overtones. I actually started reading a little about them after Wrench reposted his analysis. It was good to hear it in the context of A Hard Day’s Night.

I hope you and the family are well.

Cheers!

Michele

thereshopeyet

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Neil

Great weekly News.
Gosh it's a lesson in it's self !
I need another life time.

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic