On The Beat - Episode 396 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 17th, 2017

TGKatherine

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is live.

Have a great weekend!

http://blog.totallyguitars.com/guitar-n ... 17th-2017/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

What makes a great song? What a great question, to which there is no easy answer. Just last night we went to
a show that addressed that very question. Much of today’s update was spent talking about a great songwriter
and her story. A few musical excursions evolved as well, some of which may have to turn into lessons in the
near future.

I certainly appreciate the feedback on my recent infatuation with Franco Mussida’s piece Il Sogno Di Leonardo.
I hope to see some videos of anybody’s work on it, particularly in progress as I am not completely sure of where
problems might arise. I have never had a student work on it yet. I also appreciate any feedback you have on
levels of difficulty as I frequently have a hard time determining that.

This week’s new lessons also included Ben Harper’s Diamonds On The Inside and a fun romp into Bird Dog, by
The Everly Brothers

It will probably be a couple weeks until the next update as we are right into the start of the Holiday Season here
now and many things are up in the air. I hope everybody here in the states has a nice break and some quality
family time.

Until December, keep the fingers moving and the brain waves flowing,

Neil

P.S. The complete PFM album Stati Di Imaginazione can be heard here-

baffled

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:36 am

Hi Neil: Excellent wrap up thank you.

The Carol King noodling was fun and I really enjoyed the PFM playlist
you posted the wrap-up in. They kind of remind me of Curved Air in
their instrumentation.

Hope you have good holidays and we'll miss the wrap-ups in the
meantime.