On The Beat - Episode 397 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up December 1st, 2017

TGKatherine

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up is live.

Have a great weekend!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -1st-2017/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tota ... d519276594

So Thanksgiving has come and gone and now things will start to get really hectic. This morning I started a project
of restringing and cleaning up my old Santa Cruz guitar (details on why are in the update), which, like many projects,
led to an unplanned string of events. I ended up doing four guitars once I had all the stuff out and ready to go. This
makes me remind you to change your strings more often.

There have been some great posts lately, particularly on the Busking Forum. I really enjoyed Carol’s version of the
O’Carolan classic Si Bheag Si Mhor (as well as Dermot’s history addition), and the Moody Blues are always appreciated.
I should make it a point to do lessons on the entire catalog of theirs.

The noodling today included a Linda classic, a little Leonard Bernstein, and even a chipmunk-type version of Puff The
Magic Dragon, really used as a prologue to some thoughts on blues and turnarounds, along with quite a bit of solo
jamming in E. Hopefully there will be something in there for everybody to add to their toolbox.

The recent lessons included Light My Fire by The Doors, Master Blaster by Stevie Wonder, Love You More by Racoon,
and Living Doll by Cliff Richard. We also released a few new artist packs, The Bee Gees, Eric Clapton #2, and Dire Straits.

I also mentioned some of the lessons that are under construction here at TG Central, which keep getting more and
more involved but they should see the light of day soon.

So off to the Los Gatos Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony for me, my yearly contribution to our little town.

Happy heading into the serious holidays week…

Neil

davidrfinn99165

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:27 am

Best On The Beat ever !!
-- Fret Markers at last !!! :woohoo:

have a good weekend y'all

thereshopeyet

Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Neil

Great weekly news, those Turnarounds look scary !!!
A few viewings is an under estimate, amazing.
More in the new year, something else to look forward too.

I didn't pickup a Moody Blues album until I joined TG when I listened to Chris playing some tunes.
I worked on Question for a while, a fun altered tuning lesson too !
More Moodiy Blues tunes, would definitely be great lesson additions for sure.

Dermot

spinland

Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:30 pm

Love your Claxton, Neil, but that mothball special is also beautiful. Hope to see more of it in the future.

Blues turnarounds. Yes, please. As you may well know, I have fully embraced the Blues Muse and everything related is fascinating to me. Please, please, and please some more. :side:

Spinny

wrsomers

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:36 pm

Great update! Thanks Neil for playing "Long, Long, Time". Your instrumental will help me work out the intro's, fill's and outro's. And...I won't have to pause any of the video to get where you were on the neck. The Santa Cruz sounds and looks great. You've made me happy and as we've seen, David too.

Bill

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:59 pm

Another high energy news, great to see you on a roll Neil! Had me laughing all over about the restrings (4 :ohmy: :lol: )! 'bout time that Santa Cruz got some decent strings on it :laugh:. Bill and Dave must be in 7th heaven with those fret-markers :laugh: reckon you could pick those out in a darkened room. Yes please, ALL Moody Blues songs should be lessons.... its only fair seeing as others have gotten their fret-markers :laugh: ! Dermot, so happy to have introduced you to them, Question's a blast eh? That lesson is a gem.

Peace and good will to all :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic