>>Acoustic Snapshots Episode 176 - Muriel Anderson at TG Central with Neil 2018 - Part 3

TGKatherine

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:53 pm

http://www.totallyguitars.com/acoustics ... 18-part-3/

My January 2018 visit with Muriel Anderson ended with Part 3. Part 2 ended with a brief run through of
Pat Metheny’s Last Train home, which inspired Muriel to bring up her piece Train To Arnhem. She patiently
explained the constantly changing time signatures and confidently expected me to join in.

We then went into some techniques for playing artificial harmonics, which she is a master at. I had been
having some trouble with them in my arrangement of Bethena by Scott Joplin and played a bit as an example.

We ended with a hand to hand comparison showing that anyone who thinks they can’t play guitar because
their hands are too small should probably work on their technique.

All in all we had a blast in the studio that day and I hope everybody finds something educational, or at least
entertaining in this series of videos.

Thu Jan 18, 2018
Muriel Anderson in Tiburon, CA at Schoenberg Guitars

Fri Jan 19, 2018
Muriel with “Eclipse” visual show in Winters, CA at The Palms Playhouse

Sat Jan 20, 2018
Muriel with “Eclipse” visual show in Pacifica, CA at Mildred Owen Concert Hall

Sun Jan 21, 2018
Muriel with “Eclipse” visual show in Santa Barbara, CA at SOhO Restaurant and Music Club

Thu Jan 25, 2018
Muriel Anderson & Tierra Negra in Whittier, CA at Ruth B. Shannon Center for the Performing Arts at Whittier College

Click here for Muriel’s complete concert schedule

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 pm

These have been gems, thanks guys!

Arnhem is the place of WW2 fame and a horrifying battle in Holland, A Bridge Too Far.

Did Muriel just suggest a marker for Neil's guitar? :ohmy: :unsure: :huh: :lol: That's gonna happen :laugh:

crieniecat

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Neil.... Arnhem...really?!
We sure need to catch up soon :laugh:

Loved these video's and the spontaneous collabs.
Hope to see Muriel again as well, who knows, maybe in The Netherlands indeed! B) :cheer:

Fun fun fun!
Cheers
Corina :woohoo:

thereshopeyet

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Neil and Muriel

That was a wonderful snapshot and insight of two of musics best friends !
Thanks for taking the time to record and upload it.

Nice sound of Bethena Neil , can't wait to hear your completed acoustic snapshot rendition.

Dermot

:)

tombo1230

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:46 pm

That was great! Thanks for taking the time to share the trio or is that triad? :P of videos. :)
Having been to one of Muriel’s concerts I have to say, it is a real experience of master guitar playing and musicality.

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic