On The Beat - Episode 406 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 16th, 2018

TGKatherine

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi Everyone,

This week's wrap up is live!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 16th-2018/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tot ... d519276594

This week we tried something new as far as lesson go. Max Rich added a couple segments to our Girl From Ipanema
lesson on improvising over jazz changes. I know some of you are interested in just that sort of thing and I hope you
get some insight from it. We will try a few more of these over the next few months.

Other new lessons included Elvis Costello’s She, El Condor Pasa as done on Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon &
Garfunkel, a follow-up FOTW with Kevin’s update on Piano Man, and Break A Little by Kirstin Maldonado. I really want
to thank Illeana for joining the TG world and singing it on video for us.

And speaking of thanks, life here at TG has run as smoothly as possible partly thanks to Katherine, who is now moving
on to other things, unfortunately. I especially have to thank her for working the other side of the clock from me, getting
things up very late in the evening for her, some of which finished pretty late in the day here for me.

Once again we are making progress with the Uploaders and I believe the Busking one is working. I would really like to get
back to Video Reviews for our Target members so if you would like something reviewed go ahead and use the Busker and
just mention that in the text or Forum post and I (or one of us) will offer some suggestions.

The musical tangents this week included I Know You Rider, and a few instrumental improvs on tunes mentioned above and
in the Forum as well.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

michelew

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:46 pm

Neil,

Thanks for all the info and music in the news today. I found the sight reading advice particularly useful. That’s another thing I tend to dodge. I almost exclusively use tab or chord charts. I find it much easier to read music and play the piano; which I’m still pretty crap with when it comes to bass clef. It’s slow going. But your advice makes heaps of sense.

I enjoyed your playing too of course. And I particularly enjoyed your singing. You sounded really cool. Your voice was full and really added to the vibe of the song. You should definitely do more of it.

Thanks again. I hope you and Nani have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic