Unboxing a Thalia B-Series Purple Paua Capo

neverfoundthetime

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:49 am

Hi guys, bought a Thalia Capo online.... here's the unboxing...

elennon

Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi Chris appreciate the review, I managed to lose my regular capo recently and I have been thinking about getting one of these Thalia versions. After you little video I have decide to do it. Thanks

michelew

Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:05 am

Interesting. The pads on many of my capos have permanent grooves in them. It’s nice that yours has replacement pads.

I didn’t see a tension adjustment knob on it. Did I miss it? It looks like it’s spring loaded. It looks like you only get one tension (per fret) effectively, wouldn’t that mean that you’re possibly making the strings sharper as you slide it up the neck - I guess it’s always best to refine your tuning after you put on a capo.

I love the color :)

M

wrsomers

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:51 am

The extra pads supplied are not replacements. Each one has a different radius to fit the neck of the particular guitar you own. For example most Taylor guitars have a 15" radius neck and most Martins have a 16" radius. The whole idea behind these capos is to have one that fits your guitar's neck radius exactly. That condition is needed so you don't have to re-tune your guitar every time you use or move a capo. The tension is designed in and doesn't need to be adjusted (except for 12 string guitars). That is why there is another whole set of high tension pads. You can also order teflon pads which are easier to slide and give a brighter tone.

michelew

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:10 pm

Brilliant.

Thanks Bill.

M

neverfoundthetime

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:04 pm

Thanks for the exact info Bill. The pads are varied for the different necks of guitars, yes... and you can replace a pad if you get too much wear and tear. You need one Shel! :-). Nice that you ordered one Eric :)

So, Neil and Lisa have a Thalia capo too.... anyone else?

PS: Just noticed, my next post will be Nr. 7000! That's a lot of waffling for you guys to put up with :ohmy: :laugh:

michelew

Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:07 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
... You need one Shel! :-). ..

PS: Just noticed, my next post will be Nr. 7000! That's a lot of waffling for you guys to put up with :ohmy: :laugh:
Neeeeeed! Hmmm... maybe. :) or maybe not since I don’t perform and I already have two for each type of guitar (Planetwaves and Chubb). But it would definitely be nice to have one :)

7000 posts! Wow! I’m only at about 5500 and thought I posted a lot. But then ... you are older than me (as a member) just like Chas. :p that’s a lot of contributions to keeping the forum an active space Chris. Good on you.

M

thereshopeyet

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Chris

Nice capo colour !

You couldn't spot the flaw ?

Maybe it's out of tune :P :blush: :blink: :unsure:

Dermot

:laugh: :laugh:

familyman4

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:05 am

Hello Chris,

Yes, I also use a Thalia. They are very functional and nice looking all at the same time.

I will admit though, because they are a little bulky, I sometimes will move it over from the fret wire about 1/4 of an inch. (Unlike with my other capo's, I usually place them as close to the fret wire as possible).

Still, they look very nice and work as advertised....

Nice choice of color!

Bart

neverfoundthetime

Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:07 am

Thanks Shel :) ... I think you get the medal for the most quizzical posts which has done so much to keep the forum going in stagnant times!

Hi Dermot, if anything's out of tune, it'll be me :laugh: . Yeah nice colour.... now I think I need another one maybe in gold and red... or maybe mother of pearl..... :)

EDIT: O.k. went for this one, winter blues cured, for now....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic