On The Beat - Episode 408 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 2nd, 2018

tgjameela

Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

This week's wrap up has just been released!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -2nd-2018/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tot ... d519276594

A few different things happened this week around TG Central. It started Monday night at Jim Bruno’s Performance Workshop
where I accompanied a few familiar faces who are also taking voice lessons with Jim. It was fun to play Girl From Ipanema
with Larry
, the piano player and our own Lisa, who has really taken the song to heart. Hopefully you saw the videos we posted,
including Fred doing Good Time Charlie and Sandy doing My Sweet Lady. I really need to encourage everybody to try to play
in front of small audiences any chance you get, or can arrange.

And speaking of The Girl From Ipanema, I finally finished up the most involved lesson we have done here at TG with the
addition of a solo guitar version. I hope everybody got a chance to look at Max’s segments on improvising as well. I see a few
more lessons like this in the near future. Max also added a great lesson on one of the staples of Cave Man Rock, Steppenwolf’s
Born To Be Wild
, certainly an icon of the early days.

Vanessa brought us another Springsteen tune, Dancing In The Dark, including an acoustic take as down by Amy MacDonald,
an artist new to me. Our Fly video this week featured Sandy getting back playing instrumentals she has know for years, but
recently neglected, a pretty normal situation for almost every student. We revisited Windy And Warm, trying to fix things
that appeared out of nowhere over the years.

I also got wind of a secret gathering of IGCers in Arizona this weekend. Hopefully Bart will weigh in with photos and specifics
soon but I am amazed at the relationships that have sprung out of our little TG world.

And now, back to practicing for me, working on a very cool arrangement by Pete Huttlinger that I hinted at in the update.

sandysue

Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:54 pm

Wow Neil, You just played the two instrumentals that I've been working on this week, and for year's actually, Windy and Warm, and Bermuda Triangle Exit. I love those songs, They sound beautiful when you play them. It makes me want to work on them even more. :) :) :)

Sandy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic