On The Beat - Episode 410 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 16th, 2018

tgjameela

Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

This week's wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 16th-2018/

Today’s update started and ended with works in progress here at TG Central. The first was a stab at the intro to a Gentle Giant
piece called Experience, and the last was a tribute to Pete Huttlinger, his arrangement of Josie by Steely Dan.

There may have been a little Leo Kottke at the end as well. In between there was a very brief rundown of the week’s newest
lessons, including Oye Como Va by Santana, Jackson Browne’s Something Fine, and a FOTW with Sandy doing a great job
on Bermuda Triangle Exit.

I hope everybody has spent a little time listening to our friend Dave Nachmanoff. He is working on a new album and offering
some great perks for people chipping in to a Kickstarter campaign. We are really fortunate that Dave has joined the IGC family
and looking forward to this year’s camp at Asilomar in August.

We also are working on sprucing up the weekly Newsletters and are looking for suggestions or requests on things you might
like to see included in those. We will try to get a separate thread going on that soon.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to all!

familyman4

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Hello Neil,

Your play through of Josie was fabulous! Pete Huttlinger would be so happy that you are playing his version. I am still convinced that you sir can play anything you set your mind to!

Nice recap for the week....
Bart

TGNeil

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:15 pm

familyman4 wrote:
Hello Neil,

Your play through of Josie was fabulous! Pete Huttlinger would be so happy that you are playing his version. I am still convinced that you sir can play anything you set your mind to!

Nice recap for the week....
Bart
Hi Bart,

Thanks for the comments, and observations. I can only thank my lucky stars that guitar was my path, and I found it, not to mention passing it on to others on the same path. How that came to pass we can only speculate on. I appreciate that Pete was on a similar path because I would probably never have considered putting the time and effort necessary into this song. But then I go into things like Linus And Lucy, God Only Knows, and Chattanooga Choo Choo, to name a few, and learn to live with the fact that there is only so much time available and the choices are hard. I love the fact that Pete did the heavy lifting on this one. He was in a league of very few.

Neil

sbutler

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:45 pm

Josie was fantastic. But while listening, I remember you telling me that Steely Dan stuff didn't make good acoustic guitar stuff. You just proved it can happen, although I'd never tackle what you just played.
Still I have to wonder what you could do with "My old School" ?

There are no Steely Dan songs on your list of lessons. Which is odd considering how flipping huge the list is. Just a casual thought

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic