On The Beat - Episode 414 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 13th, 2018

tgjameela

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

This week's wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 13th-2018/

It was a week for loose ends and exposure to new stuff, at least for me. The loose ends were mostly mine,
with the additions to the lessons on Pipeline and Satin Doll. Sometimes these things start off really well
but then obstacles develop. In any case, those are done now, I hope you enjoy tackling them, and I will be
heading back into a few other lessons at varying stages.

Once again there were lessons from my associates that were new to me, How ‘Bout Us by Champaign from
Vanessa and Max’s really insightful look at understanding changes and soloing over them in the lesson on
Red Clay by Freddie Hubbard. I have to admit that I listened to quite a few versions this week thanks to Max.

I am always happy when students who found us online are able to come to TG Central for live lessons.
Recently Victor joined this club and we took some time to go over Eva Cassidy’s version of At Last, a classic
associated with Etta James but also covered by other great contemporary singers like Beyonce and Christina
Aguilera.

And something else I am really happy about is the Student Review Channel and Uploader is working again.
I want to thanks the gang behind the scenes for taking the time to do this, and want to encourage everybody
to give it a try with works in progress that you might need help with.

Now on to a few dozen loose ends around the homestead for the weekend.