On The Beat - Episode 416 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 27th, 2018

tgjameela

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi Everyone,

This week's wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 27th-2018/

So it has been 9 years since we started TG, with a whopping 50 lessons in the Target Program.
I find it hard to believe that we are still going strong and have beefed the library up to over 1000
song lessons. Of course some of this is thanks to my colleagues Vanessa and Max. This week
they each brought us classics from a couple of the women of rock and roll, Bonnie Tyler and Pat
Benatar with Total Eclipse Of The Heart
and Hit Me With Your Best Shot. As I was reminiscing in
today’s update I had to tell a story my son’s third grade teacher told us about 20 years ago as far
as his likely future. It turns out it was prophetic for me as well.

The other new stuff was a lesson on Gordon Lightfoot’s Beautiful and a Fly video with Kevin working
through On The Road Again. Mentioning Gordon reminded me of his album Endless Wire, which
prompted an improvised stab at his song The Circle Is Small, one of my favorites.

Not much playing this week, although brief bits of Sylvia and Bethena slipped in, but I spent some time
on Guitar Geography with some suggestions on using octaves to learn and find notes up the neck. It may
have gotten a little technical, at least as far as the math goes, but hopefully you can find some short cuts
there. I also mentioned a progressive band from the early 70s, Gryphon and have added a link to a song
of theirs that crossed my mind during the ramblings. I hope you enjoy it.

michelew

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:32 pm

Neil, Ness, Matt and Max,

Congrats on another TG anniversary. 1000 lessons is incredible. No wonder I bounce around so much in the things I’m working on. :). Nine, ten years, whatever it is makes me realize I’ve got to get cracking on a bunch of guitar/music related things and take more advantage of what’s on offer here at TG.

Thanks

Neil I especially enjoyed hearing you play Beautiful. I really don’t know the song (beside Chris’ upload) and felt inspired to learn it at some stage.

I hope life is treating you and your beautiful family well.

All the best

Michele

willem

Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:03 am

Good to know when I really started playing guitar, i am no longer a target member but have learned a lot from you and am grateful for it.

Willem,, guitarking from Holland :laugh: B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic