On The Beat - Episode 418 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 18th, 2018

tgjameela

Fri May 18, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

This week's wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 18th-2018/

The Santa Cruz strings have been on my guitar for a week now and they sound and feel pretty much the same,
not the usual week old sound that I am used to. I think that 30 some years of D’Addario history is now history.
Today’s update started with a little blues based on Want You To Know, as I remember it from the second Hot
Tuna album. My agenda today included talking about our May sale on Beatles lessons, some news about both
IGCs this summer, and a mimi-lesson on modes. The talk about modes may clear up some things, but it may
cloud things as well since I wanted to keep it to just s few minutes.

This week we added lessons on Cocaine, as made famous by Eric Clapton, Goodnight Elisabeth by Counting Crows,
and after a few setbacks I finally finished the look at Al Stewart’s Tim Passages. Songs like that can get quite
complicated when I consider what I want to include and what can be left out or considered later. The sax solo here
was an example. But now it is time to move on and I played a piece I am thinking of doing a lesson on, The Earl Of
Salisbury. It has been a while since a classical lesson was added so I hope to get to that next week. In any case,
I hope you enjoy hearing it.

That was about the shape of the News today,

dtaylor

Sat May 19, 2018 4:56 am

It was added a long time ago, but Mr Jones by Counting Crows was in the library already :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic