On The Beat - Episode 421 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up June 8th, 2018

tgjameela

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi Everyone,

This week's wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -8th-2018/

Today’s update started with some improvising around a few Neil Young tunes. He is our artist of the month for
June and we have all his single lessons on sale for those that like their lessons a la carte.

Check out the Neil Young library here

We also have a few more days to get your entry in if you would like to be considered for the complimentary pass to
IGC Europe. The judging will happen on Tuesday, June 12 at 5:00PM Eastern time. I know last week I mentioned that
we are getting excited about the trip to Europe and now I am even starting to think I can survive an 11-hour flight.
I hope there are still a few people out there who are considering joining us.

Here is the link to the details

Our other giveaway is also approaching its conclusion and there is about a week left on winning a set of Santa Cruz
strings for participating in our survey. Fifty folks will get a set of their strings for coming up with the most creative
answers to a particular question about TG. Check it out here.

We did manage to overcome some unforeseen setbacks this week and get a couple new lessons out. The Air That I
Breathe
is song where covers eclipsed the original, at least as far as airplay and popularity. Most songwriters love this
when somebody else has a big hit with their song. In this case it was The Hollies who really made Albert Hammond’s
song huge. Of course Albert did have his own big hit as well.

We also had Max bring us another tune from way outside the acoustic guitar world, ]Chameleon by Herbie Hancock.
It is great how he helps expand the TG World and I know many of you really appreciate it.

thereshopeyet

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:45 am

Neil

Great Weekly News and interesting lessons.

Dermot

:)

spinland

Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:16 am

I am so gonna drag out the bass and my looper pedal and try to get my funk on. :side:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic