On The Beat - Episode 424 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up June 30th, 2018

tgjameela

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

Last week's wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 30th-2018/

This weekend the Hogan family is on location at the site of our son’s wedding. Coree and Nora are getting
married today in the woods above Aptos, just south of Santa Cruz. With some ocean noise in the background
I sat on our patio and ran through some random thoughts. I started with a recap of our Friday activities,
which included a stab at an instrumental version of The Road That Never Ends by Keali’i Reichel, a song my
daughters danced to at the rehearsal, followed by the update on new stuff this week at TG.

We had a jazz lesson from Max on Fly Me To The Moon, Zombie by The Cranberries, Nutshell by Alice In Chains,
and a video addition to one of our original launch lessons, Rhiannon. This was inspired by a request from a
member as he thought a video walk through of the tab that was added a few years ago would be helpful.

I am always glad to hear if there are things that could be added to lessons to make them clearer so please don’t
hesitate to ask (and in a couple months that guitar with fret markers may come back into circulation).

We sent out message to all Santa Cruz String winners last week looking for addresses and choice of Low or
Medium Tension so if you answered the survey and were picked we need info from you. Otherwise I will have a
few extra sets myself!

Today’s video ended with a bit of Hot Tuna as I recall and this may be the last update for a few weeks. We are
heading to Amsterdam soon and I hope to have some video clips but even getting this one up was a little difficult
and delayed by a quirky internet set up in the wild Santa Cruz Mountains.

Back as soon as is practical,

Neil

thereshopeyet

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:00 pm

Neil

Congratulations to the happy couple.
:)

Cool weeekly news considering your celebrating.

Great guitar playing, how did you record such a good sound outside?
Shame about that noisy :dry: passing plane.

Dermot

spinland

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:56 pm

My shiny new strings arrived in today's post! Thankee! :woohoo:

Have to resist the temptation to give 'em a whirl immediately; doing a solo acoustic set at tonight's open mic and it's probably not a good idea to do a string change right now. B)

Mark

willem

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:09 pm

Congrats with your sons marriage and I hope you will have a very good time in the Dutch..

B) :) W.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic