On The Beat - Episode 430 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up September 7th, 2018

tgjameela

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi Everyone,

This weeks wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... -7th-2018/

This week I had a lot of fun finally getting around to a lesson that had been on my mind for years,
a solo arrangement of Your Mother Should Know from the Beatles’ album Magical Mystery Tour.
I think I even managed to keep it at an intermediate level but would appreciate some feedback on
that. We also had an instrumental from Max with his take on Swing Low Sweet Chariot. The style
reminded me of someone whose name I couldn’t come up with at the time. I now remember who
it was but I’d like to see who can come up with it. Maybe PM your thoughts to me for a couple days
before I grab some videos of his tunes.

We also had a new victim added to the FOTW series when Carol came in just before IGC and we had
a chance to go over a couple songs. Her cryptic comment about partial capos may clear up if I grab
another chunk of the same lesson next week.

The other news this week is we settled on dates for IGCs 2019 and that info is in the thread. There
is also info on the Target discount for our California camp in the members only area. Again the dates
are IGC Europe July 25-28 in Amsterdam and IGC California September 30-October 4. I hope some
new people will join in the festivities in 2019.

baffled

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:17 pm

Hey Neil: Great show/episode as usual.

I believe the person you were thinking of was Joseph Spencer or
Spence. I'm not a hundred percent on the last name off-hand. Renbourn
spoke of him often. Another influence he did a wonderful piece of was
Dave Gould's Sandwood Down to Kyle.

Also thanks for the harmonics review. My problem with them is moving
to the positions quickly enough to use them in the melody of a tune.

baffled

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic