Albums A-Z

Rbinding

Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:38 pm

I still listen to many albums start to finish. Including the first Hot Tuna album, Blue Country Heart, and a night with Jorma and GE Smith at McCabe's. I have John Prine's first album in my car along with Feets Don't Fail Me Now, Visions of the Emeralds Beyond, Bongo Fury, and Thick as a Brick that all go beginning to end. I can't imagine listening to Kind of Blue without hearing the whole album.

I think that many newer albums can be played a single song here or there, but really feel that the old ones are better played all the way through. All those years of sitting in a friend's basement listening to albums on the turntable contribute to that, but it seemed albums also tended to be more of a complete concept and were meant to be played through.

Ron

TGNeil

Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:56 pm

Great thoughts everybody, and thanks for weighing in.
Kurt- there is a chance The Allman Brothers album is under T, or not on this drive. Earlier today I finished up Alone Together and 2 albums came up that made me break my vow of going through top to bottom. Before you jump to a conclusion though I will tell you it's because in the last couple months I played through each of them multiple times. We had a big America fan here over the summer and I think we even put them on the turntable in the basement one night. You can probably guess who that was. I also played a bit of the Dead for them so I skipped American Beauty as well.

And next was...

American Garage

Anybody got that one?

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic