On The Beat - Episode 432 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up September 21st, 2018

tgjameela

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

This weeks wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 21st-2018/

A few big pieces of news this week but one thing I have been working on is getting ready for a presentation that might need 45-60 minutes worth of playing.
I think I mentioned that a chapter of The Guitar League is opening up in Phoenix and I am on board to host it in November. This got me to making a list of
songs I should be able to play. A few of those made partial appearances in today’s video– Imagine That, Jetstream, Cobble Creek, and even a bit of Chattanooga
Choo-Choo as I recall.

As part of my path to listen to albums in their entirety I had to check the collection when Dave Mason’s Alone Together came on. I thought I had an original
pressing on the multi-colored vinyl, no such luck. But at least I grabbed my black vinyl copy and broke it out this morning.

I want to thank the people who have stepped up to the challenge of helping us with IGC video documentation. Again, if you are interested or available we really
appreciate folks helping us move into the modern day internet and this is part of our transition.

As far as new lessons this week, we had Vanessa bring us Eternal Flame by The Bangles, Max with Mississippi John Hurt’s Spike Driver Blues, and my student
Lisa sharing her lesson on Long, Long Tome by Linda Ronstadt. I expect Lisa to do occasional FOTW videos going forward.

The last bit of big news involves a bit of unplanned travel. Check the video for the details.