On The Beat - Episode 433 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up September 28th, 2018

tgjameela

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

Last weeks wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 28th-2018/

On special assignment in Tasmania, Jameela and I took a few minutes at Matt’s house in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
We talked a bit about our journey and things that had been happening with our colleagues down under. I was able to
spend a little time driving around the island, visiting Mt. Wellington, the Cascade Brewery, the Lark Distillery, Port Arthur,
and the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo.

A few songs got messed with and Jameela gave us a short demonstration of chords everyone needs to know. She paid
particular attention to the TG recommended fingerings.

Only one new lesson release from Max last week on Nobody's Business But My Own by Mississippi John Hurt.

This trip was basically to help the team with their plans on bringing TG into the present. Jameela gave us a few details
and we talked a bit about flash problems with various browsers.

We shot this in a small room in Matt’s house with a lot of natural echo that we did not seem to notice at the time.
Hopefully you can make out the dialog, although I’m not sure how important that might be.

familyman4

Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Love the weekly news from abroad!!! Tasmania, how interesting!

It is exciting to think about a TG site with upgrades and more user friendly features. I love the idea of more of the world seeing what a wonderful group of people we have in this community and how great our instructors are!

Would love to see some additional pictures from your trip Neil and Jameela. I love to travel but have never been to Australia. My son was there when he was active Marine Corp so I saw a lot of pictures then..

Anyway, cool news update. Glad you made it home safely....

Bart

TGNesh

Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:05 am

Proud of you Jameela, way to go girl!!! :cheer: :)

thereshopeyet

Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Neil and Jameela

Interesting news.
Jameela, you sure cheer up the TG website.
Your laughing is contagious.

Dermot

:ohmy:

michelew

Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:06 am

Hi!

Given how much you did in such a short period of time, I can only imagine that it all seems a bit surreal now. I hope you’re recovering from what must have been both exhilerating and exhausting. There’s lots of fun stuff to do in Hobart; at MONA alone.

Yes, I hope you both enjoyed your being ahead of (almost) everyone else on the planet. :)

Looking forward to the new and improved site.

Michele

auntlynnie

Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:12 am

It's great to finally "meet" Jameela!
Lynn

neverfoundthetime

Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Nice!

crieniecat

Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:58 am

Jameelaaaaaa!! Always fun to see you girl!

:kiss: :kiss: Corina.

tgjameela

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Getting over to Tasmania was so awesome, I feel like we made great progress over the course of the week planning next steps for the Totally Guitars sites and other projects. I'm excited and can't wait till we share it with everyone here!

Ness, I now say the chords out loud every time I practice! Thanks for drilling in into me at camp ;)

Thanks Dermot. I've been told a have an infectious laugh, lol.

Michele, MONA was pretty cool, there is so much to see and even with the map Neil and I got turned around a few times when trying to get to the mandatory meeting, we may or may not have gotten slightly distracted tasting whiskey :P

I was able to get some time to explore around Hobart on the weekend, I headed to the Cascade Brewery as well and snagged a couple bottles of stout to bring home with me, they make really good breakfast beers ;)

TGCheryle and I did The Red Decker Tour around Hobart and ended up spending most of Sunday at the Royal Botanical Gardens, which were gorgeous, especially as they are getting into the spring season out there, it was nice and sunny too!

Maybe Neil and I can collab on a "TG Goes to Tassie" blog post with a collection of our pics :)

Hi Lynn! It's cool that I've had the opportunity to be on the News with Neil, specially after watching and loading the videos over the years....feels a bit surreal and kind of weird to see myself on it :blink:

Corina! Thank you! Can't wait till we get to hang out again!

TGNeil

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:08 pm

Jameela-

'...distracted tasting whiskey'...
in a museum of all places?!?!

Are you sure it was with me? I don't seem to remember much of that afternoon, except a wall of metronomes and a do-it-yourself Paint A Vermeer station.

And did you see Tim's Vermeer yet?

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic