On The Beat - Episode 437 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up October 26th, 2018

tgjameela

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi Everyone,

This weeks wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 26th-2018/

Just this morning I was watching some John Renbourn videos and I am still amazed at his musicianship,
creativity, and comfort with playing the guitar. It reminded me of a few things we played together,
like All Blues

(which Pentangle turned into I’ve Got A Feeling)

and the morphed into another tune of his I keep meaning to get to a lesson on. You may be able to figure
it out from my fumbling with it.

There was also a bit of Snap A Little Owl, Harvest Moon, and a scattering of Beatles arrangements from my CD
A Beatles Collection

Check out the John Renbourn workshop in our Fly on the Wall Series

This week’s new content included La Grange by ZZ Top, I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan, and a FOTW
lesson with Sandy working on Harvest Moon by Neil Young. The latter may be the last time we look at that as
she has it in pretty good shape now that the harmonics are smoothing out.

The other big news for me this week was tracking down a bunch of missing Acoustic Snapshots and relinking
them to the blog. I noticed a lot of them got a lot of new plays recently which means there is still some interest,
in spite of how long many of them have been around.

I also talked a bit about some recent Forum posts, in particular Mark’s adventures on stage and with a silent guitar.

Until November, stay tuned & in touch!

Rbinding

Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:09 pm

Very Cool Jazz! I was not familiar with the Pentangle version although I listened to them back in the day. I've played around with All Blues with almost the same pattern as you used although I use a 13th instead of 9th. That's a nice variation. I've also been trying a DADGAD version from a Sandy Shalk arrangement.

Ron

LisaC

Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:19 pm

I love "I gotta Feeling", Pentangle! Super cool! Hope you get around to a lesson, Neil!

Lisa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic