On The Beat - Episode 440 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 16th, 2018

tgjameela

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

This weeks wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 16th-2018/

This week I was in Phoenix for the inaugural meeting of a chapter of the Guitar League. Our friend
Bart (familyman4) is just getting this off the ground and it looks to be a great thing for the guitar
playing community. We had an interactive workshop that ran a couple hours and videos are under
construction, with the first being released today. I started with my personal early days and hope to
be bringing out new segments over the next couple weeks. It was great to reconnect with some
IGCers and meet some new TGers.

I started the News today with one of the first fingerpicking songs I remember learning from my second
teacher Alan Beilharz. I imagine some of the old timers will have no trouble recognizing it. The answer
is in the video from Tuesday evening. I followed that with some info on why posts get repeated in the
Forum, as well as advice on embedding YouTube links into posts.

The new stuff this week also included a FOTW with Sandy working on a couple Kate Wolf songs, Pacheco
and Redtail Hawk
, a look at Crossroads as done by Eric Clapton, and a new band to TG (and me of course)
Sixpence None The Richer.

Not a lot of playing today but I ended with a rendition of Black Orpheus, similar to the way it was done on
my Yesterday’s News CD. I hope you enjoy it and find some time to work on your own musical projects as
we head into the Holiday Season.

familyman4

Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Neil and all of TG,

I would like to again Thank Neil for taking the time to travel to Arizona and help me officially "kick off" the Arizona Chapter of Guitar League! As you all can imagine, Neil did a fabulous job with his presentation....

Besides the GL event, we had a couple of days to visit, play music and head up to Sedona to catch some beautiful sites and shoot some videos that I hope you will have a chance to see sometime soon. Until then, attached are a couple of pictures for you to enjoy!

Again, Thank You Neil!!! I appreciate your musical talents but equally appreciate our friendship!

Bart

Image Image

TGNeil

Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Hey Bart,

I had a blast and am really glad and honored that you asked me to be a part of the Guitar League. I know we tweaked the format a bit but I hope everybody had a good time.
Bad news about the vids at Sedona though. Without the windscreen on my recorder (which I forgot of course), the audio is useless with too much wind, which I didn't even notice at the time. At least we made a few people happy who were within earshot.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic