New music I'm writing

TGMax

Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:18 pm

Hi guys, I just wanted to share a video of a new song I'm writing called "Cobblestones". This is just a segment of it but it includes some cool chords and voicings. I hope you all like it. Thanks!

Craig

Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Sounds great! It has a really cool vibe to it.

Looking forward to hearing the entire song when it's all finished.

Craig

Music Junkie

Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:40 pm

Very nice! Is it going to be an instrumental, or a tune with lyrics? Either way, I am on board... B)

BobR

Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:23 am

Hi Max,
Sounding really nice. Thanks for sharing

TGMax

Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:50 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Very nice! Is it going to be an instrumental, or a tune with lyrics? Either way, I am on board... B)
Thanks! It's going to be an instrumental, but I am releasing my first solo album that will be about half instrumental and half with vocals. I'll be sure to keep you all posted as songs begin to materialize

elennon

Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:49 pm

I like the atmospheric feeling I get from this track, look forward to hearing the final album. Good luck.

Eric

Music Junkie

Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:47 pm

TGMax wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
Thanks! It's going to be an instrumental, but I am releasing my first solo album that will be about half instrumental and half with vocals. I'll be sure to keep you all posted as songs begin to materialize
Outstanding! I would love to hear more about the album. I really grew an appreciation of electrical instrumentals back in the early 2000's. Stumbled across some fantastic albums and just really dug the wide variety of artists out there. I'll wager the rest of your album is good too. :)

TGMax

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Thanks so much! I really like instrumental music for a variety of reasons. Mainly because I feel that the melodies can be, in some ways, a bit more exotic and creative than most singers are capable of (excluding the very best of course). But also I generally feel that there is more freedom in the arrangement and the improvisatory element of the track when its just a group of players locked in tight and feeding off of each other. If I can one day find a singer that is as good at improvising lyrics as their technical abilities allow, I think I'll be in heaven.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic