On The Beat - Episode 441 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 30th, 2018

tgjameela

Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi Everyone,

This weeks wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/guit ... 30th-2018/

It has been a couple weeks, thanks to the long weekend Holiday here, and a lot has been going on.
I hope everyone is checking out the clips from the Phoenix Guitar League. As of today we are done
with the five parts of the first session, maybe more to come when I get a chance to sort through it.
It was nice to see some Busking additions, thanks to John and Mark, especially when we get John
Renbourn
AND Blues! Now how about some uploads in the Student Review Channel?

I had a chance the other day to check out some of Max’s theory lessons (part of a little inventory logging)
and I really enjoyed the six in the Theory And Techniques from Max Rich category in the Master Menu.
I imagine some of you have checked them out. The new one this week was on Reharmonization, or altering
chord progressions. I imagine this one and the Soloing Over Dominant Chords may be causing some serious
concentration episodes out there. We also had a lesson from Max on Tush by ZZ Top and Radio by The Corrs
from Vanessa were added to the library this week.

We have had one or two new registrations to IGC Europe recently and I hope some of you are thinking of
joining us there, or maybe in California in 2019.

As the upgrades are getting closer to finished we can use some help from anybody who might have some
comments or testimonials on TG. I checked the thread recently and is has been a while so please think
about writing up a short post or video.

Today’s playing was a bit limited due to some pain in the wrist that I am trying to rest but there was a little
bluesy version of a Christmas classic at the beginning, and some random reharmonization of another later.
I’m hope they are identifiable.

Tonight I am off to the Los Gatos Tree Lighting Ceremony for about the 20th year, more or less. Last year I
may have estimated more like 30 but who’s counting???

Back in December for the next round of the Weekly Update.

baffled

Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:06 am

Hey Neil: It was an excellent weekly wrap up as usual.

You mentioned you were thinking about releasing more of the guitar
league presentation if folks are interested and I for one am
definitely interested. I am really enjoying whole thing.

I hope the Xmas sing along went well and am looking forward to hearing
about that as well.

baffled

auntlynnie

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:04 pm

Loved your Winter Wonderland!!!!!
Lynn

thereshopeyet

Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:17 pm

Neil

Great weekly news.

Any more Pheonix videos to come ?